Denied because of medicaid..

ANGEL O
on 10/18/04 11:12 am - Bremerton, WA
Well I have been denied because of medicaid. I don't know what I'm feeling just yet but am sad and kinda wants to make me go "forget it" but I don't want to forget it because this is so important to me. I'm sad yes and I have cried all day . I'm trying to keep busy and my mind occupied so I won't think about this but guess I just need my OH Family now. Please keep me in your prayers and if anyone in those area know of any Dr's who take medicaid please let me know a.s.a.p. I have called UW and they are on a 2 yr waiting list so please remember me when your praying. God bless and love and prayers. ANGEL
Tammy _.
on 10/18/04 1:27 pm - Puyallup, WA
Good luck, Angel. Keep your chin up! I will pray for you that things will turn out well. Did you check with both drs. at UW? Dr. Dellinger is usually booked for well over a year, but what about Dr. Oelschlager? Check it out! Tammy
Lorene R.
on 10/19/04 4:16 am - Montesano, WA
Angelita: My name is Lorene and I had the same problem at first but I had found Dr Lauter. He accepted medicaid. The only problem I had was getting medicaid to approve the surgery. I am still looking for a way to have it due to they say that they do not feel that having gastric bypass is medically necessary. Call Dr. Lauters office and see if you can get in there. I will keep you in my prayers that you may have the surgery. Hopefully I will find a way also.
JustHat
on 10/19/04 6:53 am - NM
I know someone that had surgery a few weeks ago and has Medicaid. If I see her today, I will ask her where her surgery was at. I am thinking UW, but I will make sure. Where ever it was, I remember her saying that the nursing staff was just horrible. But, that could probably be fixed by having someone stay with you at the hospital. Hat
Holly M.
on 11/1/04 2:47 pm
Hi, my name is Holly. I was suprised to see that you know someone that was approved for surgery by Medicaid. I haven't heard of anyone being approved by them this year. They say it must be medically necessary and my doctor said that it was in my case and we presented a list of comorbidities. I went through all the testing and everything seemed good. Until I got the denial letter stating that this surgery is not proven to help; back pain, arthritis, insulin resistance, knee problems, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, high cholestrol, etc, etc..... I am just wondering if your friend could tell me on what grounds she was approved? It feels hopeless in my case but I really need this surgery. I'm going to try to start the process again, I don't know if they have regulations reguarding the length of time between requests for surgery. I guess I'll find out.
JustHat
on 11/1/04 3:04 pm - NM
Hi Holly. I don't know if I will see her again or not. We met up on the football field while our kids practiced. I know that she had a lot of the same problems you do. Before her surgery, I am told that she couldn't walk 10 feet without getting winded. She was on the waiting list to have her surgery at UW for two years. I asked her where else she would suggest going. She suggested contacting Dr. Oh. If he is getting people approved, then his office should know the best way to do it. It won't hurt to give them a call. I hope they can help. Hat
Most Active