pouch pain

Dan G.
on 10/17/04 10:36 pm - spokane, wa
I get alittle pain in my pouch even when drinking 5-10 cc's of liquids it goes away fairly fast , is this normal ? (I'm One week post op) also how long does it take for liquids to pass through the pouch ? Trying not to over fill the pouch thanks !!!
Cori T.
on 10/18/04 12:54 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hi Dan, welcome to the "other" side. Yes, I remember my pouch hurting everytime I put the littlest amt. of liquid in it during the first few weeks post op. It will get better. Not really sure how fast the pouch drains?
Dan G.
on 10/18/04 1:48 am - spokane, wa
THanks!!!! I had a long nite Got a little shut eye but not much Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachael E.
on 10/18/04 6:53 am
Yep, I remember.My pain just went away about a week ago. It only happened with water...milk was a good thing for me when I was feeling like this. The fluids go down very quickly...I saw it on my swallow study and Dereks...fluids go right through..don't worry about over drinking. Rae
Dan G.
on 10/19/04 1:19 am - spokane, wa
Thanks !! Milk good for me also. thanks about the fluids I also found that V-8 juice is good for me also I use it to wash the nasty tase of the chewable vitamins out of my mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kimanne B
on 10/18/04 5:11 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Dan, my weightloss twin! My pouchy is still kinda sensitive too. It does go away tho,like yours does. How are you doing? I'm not on much.. the pain is moderate, but I'm so darned tired all the time.... Glad to see you are doing ok Dan Now its back to beddie bye for me XoXo~Kimanne Open RNY 10/12/04
Dan G.
on 10/18/04 6:52 am - spokane, wa
I'm doing ok not much pain but like you tired all the time. The doctor discontinued my diabetes meds my blood work has been right where it should be!!!Take care of your self and your in my prayers . Have a nice nap sweet dreams
Most Active