what did you eat today?

Cori T.
on 10/17/04 1:01 pm - Neah Bay, WA
I often see this posted on the main board (they're way to talkative for me to keep up with) and thought it would be nice to start it here. It can give others ideas! So, I'll start Breakfast: Unjury chocolate protein powder mixed in w/ 2 cups of coffee. Snack: 1/2 piece of whole wheat toast w/crunchy peanut butter. Lunch:1 Baby bell cheese (love these from Costco!) snack: 8 pieces of popcorn (oops) Dinner: Halibut (about 1/8 cup) and 3 french fries. and, I was bad, a glass of wine.
JustHat
on 10/17/04 3:34 pm - NM
Let me just say this isn't a typical day. Oh who am I kidding? My diet still sucks. Although, I do try and stay away from fried foods and popcorn. We go to the movies on Sunday and I allow myself popcorn since it will stay down. Lunch- Bought the boys lunch at Burger King, so I got myself a fish sandwich. I pulled out the meat and fed the rest to the dog. Then I pealed off the thick batter on both sides and fed that to the dog. I hate about half of the thin layer of fish that was left. Then I fed the other half to the dog even though I wanted to eat it. Snack- Popcorn. Diner- One slice of cheese. Kind unknown but it came from the deli Now-Orange juice (I crave this but try to limit it to no more than once or twice a week) I would like some baked fish, but we don't have any. Heck, I would like to follow you around for a day and eat what you do.
Chanise D.
on 10/17/04 4:33 pm - Lakewood, WA
You guyz post op days are better than my pre-op days... Breakfast-coffee with cream Lunch- a little left over rice from the terriyaki joint dinner-mac salad from albertson (had a study group) but I cooked seasoned green beans, rice pilof and steak.... drank water but craved a coke... Do any of you post ops miss soda...I think coke's stock is going to dip a little when Iam on the other side......I think that coke and big red gum are going to be the most missed...
JustHat
on 10/18/04 1:11 am - NM
Diet Coke was the thing that I missed mos****ching everyone else enjoy theirs made me cranky. I remember putting drops of my son's DC on my tongue just so I could feel the bubbles and get a mini taste. Before surgery, I drank at least 2L a day of DC. A couple of weeks ago, I decided I wanted a soda. So, we bought a 2L and for the first time in my kids' lives, I asked them to make it flat instead of leave it alone. It was some generic CF DC that took 4 days of shaking to get the fuzz out of. And, then it took me forever to drink just half of it. I finally let the kids have what was left. I still like my soda, but now I actually prefer to drink water. Getting dehydrated so many times since surgery has given me a new found respect for water.
sassy
on 10/17/04 7:05 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i have a weird schedule now that mark is gone, so i eat weird things at weird times.... and definately not normal day (mark was home for a few hours and begged for fast food since hes been eating in the defac all week) breakfast... 2 chicken tenders, nuked until they were rubberized (and it doesnt really count for breakfast, just what i had past midnight) lunch... 1/4 c chicken teriyaki w/ 1/8 c broccoli snack... guts from the left over egg roll snack... 1 chicken select from mcd's dinner... 1 slice bread, smoked ham and 2% american cheese w/ mustard sin... 1/2 white chocolate raspberry cheesecake snack bar making up for the sin... forcing down a scoop of protien powder in a mug of cocoa 850 cals, 58 g protien
ncarter11
on 10/18/04 12:54 am - Edmonds, WA
Well, I'm still on "full liquids" so my menu is not nearly as interesting as y'all's! Yesterday I had: Breakfast: 1/2 cup Chai tea, made with skim milk. Lunch: 2 oz mashed taters (runny) with a little shredded cheese. Made with powdered milk. Snack?: 4 oz Chocolate extra protein Boost Dinner: (My first dinner out!) 2-3oz of cream of potato soup at The Outback. Oh! And a crouton! I didn't drink enough water. Have a great day! Nancy
Rachael E.
on 10/18/04 6:30 am
How'd the wine go down? I am so ready for a glass of white wine..... You guys got me beat....I still can't get **** down....getting better though. Stricture is getting better but sometimes it's murder. Breakfast: 1/4c of blended cottage cheese....ate most of it. Snack: one cow cheese wedge....it's the low fat kind....so yummy...I think I could gain my weight back with these... Lunch: a few peanuts that I chewed for at least five minutes,,,, dinner: some imitation crab meat that I chewed the heck out of...about 3 table spoons....full ones... I get planty of water in but I think I need more food...It's just so hard to get it all in.... I am down 53 lbs....and counting.... Rae
Rachael E.
on 10/18/04 7:37 am
HOLD THE PHONE!!! I just got on the scale with my clothes on and I am 224 that means naked I am like 221-220....that menas I am down allmost 60lbs!!!! GARSH! I have been really working hard the past few days to drink and eat more and it's working!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
JustHat
on 10/18/04 3:20 pm - NM
I still don't understand why they won't do anything about your stricture. Did they estimate the size? I know how they say that each doc has his own way of doing things. But, we have the same doc treating us completely differently for the same problem. I am headed back in a couple of weeks for another scoping. I saw both Dr. W and the gastro docs last week. We decided that since I was still having problems and would probably not have insurance after the beginning of Dec, we should go in and have another look around.
Chrissy P.
on 10/19/04 5:11 pm - Federal Way, WA
I love these kinds of posts! Since I am in that 2-week liquid phase, here is the excitement of my menu today: 5:30 am 2 ounces of milk 10:00 am 2 more ounces of milk (after my morning nap) 11:30 am 1 ounce of WISH Protein Plus dilated with an ounce of milk 1:00 pm white grape juice diluted with water (2 oz) 3:00 pm more of that WISH crap with milk (2 oz) 6:45 2 oz of milk 7:15 2 oz of tomato soup made with milk (heaven) 9:30 NSA Popsicle And lots of water all day, as much as possible. Your friend, Chris
Most Active