Really really difficult time..I live at the hospital

karenyt
on 10/15/04 5:14 am - Renton, WA
Christina, This is Karen Thompson, who had surgery 3 weeks before you same Dr. and same WISH Center. Anything I can do for you or your Mom, let me know!! I live just up the street and will call hospital tonight and see if you're still there and want anything I can get you. You are tremendously strong, you know that, so just keep reminding yourself that each hour is one more in recovery. You will lose the 10 pounds water just like a waterfall plus lots more and once Dr. S can get your swollen and unhappy parts to rest and relax and unswell, you'll be ready to go home and start recovery there too. Advice - if you don't absolutely have to, do not plan to return to work at the 2 week+ mark - I did and regret it. Should have taken at least one more week to really be ready for the world before I started back. You are in my thoughts and prayers - keep walking, keep resting, and keep doing whatever Dr. S and center need you to do -- tell Dr. S and WISH center about the discomfort and treatment at GI exray, maybe it will help others!! Take care and I'm sure you will be better really soon. Karen Thompson one month post op today WISH Center
Most Active