First Post since Surgery

lilchickad
on 10/12/04 1:51 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi All!! I just wanted to give a quick post to let everyone know I'm doing great, and to say a SPECIAL THANK YOU to Amanda Powers for coming to see me while in the hospital. As she stated, I had a few problems with the pain medicines making me sick, and by my third day in the hospital, I just wanted to pretend I was fine so they would let me outta there and off of the IV drugs. I was right, Dr. Oh let me come home Sunday (my surgery was Thursday), and I have not had one ounce of nausea since I left there. I know it was the IV narcotics, that I could not convince them to STOP GIVING ME!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Anyway, everyone was very nice at the hospital, and I'm feeling pretty good considering all. Did anyone else have like "sensory overload" when they got home with smells bothering them, sounds, even the TV bothers me some. I am getting better, and sit up out in the main part of our house with our family more and more, but at first I could not take it at all. I have my first post op with Dr. Oh on Friday, so will probably post more then. Laura P.S. Thanks again Amanda for coming to see me! We need to "get together" soon and exchange war stories over lunch! Laura
JustHat
on 10/12/04 2:16 am - NM
Welcome home and thanks for the update Laura. I am happy to hear that your now feeling better. My narcotics made me itch. Nice drugs, but they do have some nasty side affects. Alls well that ends well. And, well, it sounds like your doing well. Hat
ncarter11
on 10/12/04 2:39 am - Edmonds, WA
I am soooo glad you are home and doing well! Thanks so much for updating us! OH!!! I was so overwhelmed - sensory overload - when I came home. Everything from smells, noise, tension, and even the color of my walls felt almost too much to bear. In fact, I thought going home was the hardest part of the whole surgery! Thank goodness it gets better! I look forward to reading your updates! Take care and rest well! Nan
Chrissy P.
on 10/12/04 3:53 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi! I am so happy for you! OK, a little envious, but I don't want what is happening to me to happen to anyone else! Please enjoy the time that you have now to take care of YOU!! Once I am released from prison (no, really, that's not true, everyone here is great), let's chat about our experiences! Your surgery buddy, Chris
karenyt
on 10/15/04 5:19 am - Renton, WA
Laura, Welcome to the other side of life! We are all very brave, strong, determined people to do this and I am so grateful that I did. Hopefully you now and or soon will feel the same way!! The narcotics made my very sleepy, itchy, but my biggest reaction problem which still continues was to the 3X day sub-q shots I had of heparin (left *****ly rash marks all over my stomach which really really itch but if I scratch, gets worse!!) and an allergy to the post staple removal tape (within 4 days had blisters which itched, popped, scratched (that was me because they itched) and still look horrid. Oh well, compared to some side effects I feel quite content and am thrilled to be down 30+ pounds!! Take it easy, get lots of rest now along with your walking, and congratulations on your hard work. Karen Thompson 09-15-2004 one month post op today Wish Center
Most Active