I"m unclogged!!

dscote4
on 10/7/04 11:50 am - Yorktown, VA
Hurray Hurray Hurray! I can drink again without foam or bubbles or throwing up!!! I went yesterday and they (dr. shaw) did a scope and dilation and I was completely closed off. They are thinking I might have an ulcer (???) in my new pouch...but are going to wait and see. But I drank 33.8 oz of water last night and got all my 64 oz in today!!! I'm sooooo happy to be drinking again!!!!! Wooooo Hoooo! Doing Happy DAnce!! Thanks all for the support!!! STacie
JustHat
on 10/7/04 1:52 pm - NM
That is great. Why do they think you have an ulcer? Did they see it or was it something you reported to them? I have wondered if I had one in my food tube (I can't spell that word to save my life). Did they give you a prescription for Carafate? Are you going to have a follow up appointment with Dr. Shaw? Did they tell you how small your opening was? And, how big did they stretch it to? I am afraid I will get another one. That is why the third degree. I am glad that Dr. W's office took care of you. And, even happier that you are feeling better.
dscote4
on 10/7/04 7:02 pm - Yorktown, VA
Hi Hat!!! Nope, they said it was something that might be...they couldn't see through the dialation part...andyes, they are saying I may need another stretch in about 2 more weeks. Dr. W will see me next week and we'll see then. Dr. Shaw gave me a script for something....but honest to god, haven't even looked at it yet......was more concerned about drinking and keeping it down. I even had chicken broth tonight for dinner!! I'm so excited....and it seems so funny I"m excited abou****er and soup! LOL Thanks! Stacie
Tanja Y
on 10/8/04 6:01 am - Wahiawa, HI
I'm so happy for you! I love how you said unclogged.......like you're a sink who was given draino! LOL I hope it wasn't too painful and that you stay 'unclogged' from now on! ~Tanja
Cori T.
on 10/8/04 6:33 am - Neah Bay, WA
That's great, I'm so happy you've improved!!!
karenyt
on 10/8/04 6:58 am - Renton, WA
Happy Face!! Congrats on the unclogging!! I haven't had that myself but I was constipated real bad at first and had to have medical assistance with that - ick to both!! Feels good to be free, doesn't it! Keep up the good work and we'll keep up the good thoughts. Karen Thompson Open RNY 09-15-2004 Wish Center
Most Active