Wondering....

Rachael E.
on 10/7/04 2:49 am
I am wondering what all my surgery buddies are down??? You know all you who had surgery the same week I did..... I go to see Weber today and I am nervous....what should I be down? I started at 280 (my scale) and that was a BMI of 40.2 I am tall.... and now I am 233 (my scale) with a BMI of 33.4...... I am down 47 pounds and I think I am back on the losing spree....I wasn't losing but maybe 2 pounds for a wekk or so....I couldn't get anything in so my body was in startvation mode. So...all I have to go off of is Derek's weight loss....he's a guy...and they lose more quickly...but I am down more than he was at one month....he was down 42 or 43 pounds at one month....so help me out here.....is this on trac with you other gals? Or am I going kind of slow? I feel overall pretty good...I can wear my Lucky jeans again (they're a size 14 but I think they're more like a real 16....and all my other small jeans...so I guess I will just have to buy some new goal pants....darn it....I put my old jeans on the other day just to see if I was just sucking in....oh my gosh....they're HUGE! I was swimming in them...I can't believe I have lost that much of my body...I thought I would have had to lose 80 lbs. before they were that big on me....so that part makes me feel like I am doing good...but I am not sure if it's right on track, or if I am behind. Who else is going to Weber today? I will be ther eat 4:30 or so....
Sweet Georgia Brown
on 10/7/04 4:45 am - Mililani, HI
Rachel, I'm so glad to hear about the progress that you've made. I was so worried about you in the beginning. I't inspiring to know that you conquered those obstacles and still managed to loose weight. It 's comforting knowing how good you feel now. Hope to have your outcome in the near future. Anitra
Rachael E.
on 10/8/04 2:42 am
Guess it doesn't pay to post on here anymore........That's too bad.
ncarter11
on 10/8/04 4:11 am - Edmonds, WA
I think people are slow to respond because your WL is particularly HIGH, not low, Rae - especially considering your starting BMI. It might be intimidating to some and others may feel like they are not doing good in comparison. Your post seems like you are somewhat disappointed/unsure with your WL. Eek! You've lost nearly 50# in just a few days over a month! Dr. W gave me a goal of 35-40 loss for my next appt which will be 6 weeks from my surgery. My starting BMI was 47.4. I'm sure your appt went fine and that he was pleased. I'm really glad about your your WL - I bet you look dynamite! Many of us will need to lose a lot more than 50# to get into a size 16! KUDOS!!
JustHat
on 10/8/04 9:39 am - NM
I think you really narrowed down the number of responces you would get when you directed your post to only those that had surgery the week you did. I can't remember how many there were that week. 4 or 5? FYI, this is my results Pre-op_____256______________ Week 1_____248___(8 pound loss) Week 2_____239__(17 pound loss) Week 3_____230__(26 pound loss) Week 4_____227__(29 pound loss) Only 3 this week Week 5_____225__(31 pound loss) Only 2 this week Week 6_____217__(39 pound loss) Week 7_____212__(44 pound loss) Week 8_____208__(48 pound loss) Week 9_____204__(52 pound loss) Week 10____200__(56 pound loss) I won't lose much this week. The last three have been 4 a week. But, this week won't even be that good. I will be lucky to have another 2 pound week. Kinda makes you feel good, doesn't it.
ncarter11
on 10/8/04 4:22 am - Edmonds, WA
Here's a link from the September boards. The original poster has the same surgery date as you and asked a similar question! You can see from the many responses that you've lost double what some people have lost. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgdate-forums/09-2004/postdetail/3637.html?vc=0 Nan
Cori T.
on 10/8/04 6:31 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hi Rachel! How'd your appt. go yesterday? I left a note saying "hi" for ya! My goodness, you're doing terrific, got me beat! I'm down 34 lbs. I too dug into my old jeans and discovered my 16's fit as well! YIPPEE My wardrobe has jeans in sizes 10-22 (22's pre-op). Can't wait til I can fit in the 10's, hell, I'd actually be happy in 12's! Does Dr W's scale vary greatly from yours at home? Does with mine. About a 8 lb difference (his weighs lighter). But since their official weight is on the same scale every time, I'll go w/that!
karenyt
on 10/8/04 7:14 am - Renton, WA
Rachel, It is great to hear about extra fast weight loss - it is inspiring to know you face the same issues we all do and have this success. I am not a super fast loser but I look forward to losing as much as soon as my body lets me. I lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks - the Dr. said that was a little more than expected - but things have definitely slowed since then - I'm starting week 3 recovery now and hit a little plateau!! Keep up the good work and the neat posts - we may be a little jealous but we all face the same issues and adjustments!! Karen Thompson 09-15-2004
auntlorlee
on 10/11/04 2:20 am - Bellingham, WA
I haven't had surgery yet but I hope I do 1/2 as well as you have!!
Most Active