Questions!

Liann M.
on 10/6/04 6:45 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Everyone! I have just started the whole surgery process and probably won't even have my surgery for 6-9 months, but I have a couple of questions? Is there anything that I can start doing now that will help with the surgery or after the surgery? Also, what is "dumping"? I hear people talk about it and it doesn't sound very pleasant! Thanks for all of your help! Liann
ncarter11
on 10/6/04 10:45 am - Edmonds, WA
Hi Liann! Welcome to the WA state boards! Suggestions for your first question... get a physical, if you haven't already. Make sure your weight is documented. Start documenting and getting official diagnosis for comorbidities. I'm sure the questionnaire you filled out requested your diet history, but if not start putting that together - when, what, how long, how much, what gained back etc. Start walking. The walking alone will take weight off you and get your ticker better prepared for surgery. Stop drinking pop. Oh and if you smoke, quit. In the meantime research, pray, research and pray more ;) Here's info on dumping: http://www.obesityhelp.com/dbsearch.php?Search_Word=%25dumping%25 God bless, Nan
Liann M.
on 10/7/04 8:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Nancy! Thanks for the warm welcome. I am sure that will be around these boards for many years to come! I have my physical scheduled for the end of the month, so that will be out of the way. I had my labs drawn last week but I know that they are going to want more in the future. My doctor has already diagnosed me with high BP and GERD and now my labs say that I am prediabetic. I am going through Kaiser and they sent me an 18-page questionnaire that asked for my entire diet history and weights for my entire life! That took alot of thinking (which sometimes isn't very easy for me!!). I drink a lot of water and not much soda and I quit smoking 3 1/2 years ago. So, I guess that I am on the right track. I just wish that it wasn't going to take so long. Kaiser wants people to take one of their weight management classes and they are not offering any new ones until after the first of the year. That is really the pits! Thanks for the link to the dumping info, I will check it out. Till next time!! Liann
ncarter11
on 10/8/04 3:44 am - Edmonds, WA
You are doing great! You have so much on the ball. Keep up informed on your progress, Liann. It's a journey - that's for sure! God bless! Nan
Most Active