Stupid scale

JustHat
on 10/6/04 1:44 am - NM
My scale has been really mean to me. And, I thought we had a good relationship. I weigh at night and again in the morning. I like to wake with a good feeling. And, since the morning weight is usually less than the night weight, I usually do. But, I am trying for a big goal for me. I haven't been in the 100s for over 12 years. Three nights ago, my night weight was 199.5. I was excited since the morning weight I knew I would have finally reached my goal. Without anything to drink or eat all night, my morning weight was 200.5. OK so that sucks. And, I don't get the physics of it, but whatever. Then next night, I weighed in at 199.5 again. OK, I thought I had it this time. Nope, the next morning was 201.5. Last night, it was 198.5. I didn't even get my hopes up. And, again with no food or drink all night, it went back up to 201.5. I told the dog she could eat the scale. Michelle
awidick
on 10/6/04 1:49 am - Spanaway, WA
Oh Hat, I feel so bad for you.....But very happy about you getting to the 100s. I can't wait to be there. Maybe your standing on it differently in the morning? Way to go on your loss CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Arlene
imagrama
on 10/6/04 2:56 am - Gig Harbor, WA
"....told the dog she could eat the scale."..........good one Hat!! You ARE in the hundreds now, Hat, so don't fuss over that dumb scale. Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Sue
amanda B.
on 10/6/04 3:04 pm - renton, WA
Why does this happen?? I weigh in the morning and i have gained 2 lbs since yesterday , i know i havent exercised, or taken enough protien, or much food at all for that matter , milk and drinkable yogurt (90 cals") once a day tuna or chicken about 2 bites , and maybe some cheese at night but the next day i have lost it, and again gained it and 1 more pound, then lose it the next day?? I have lost only 40 lbs since August surgery. . Do I need more protien?? I know I need to exercise daily. I am drinking my water! What the heck. !
L M.
on 10/7/04 2:22 am
Hi Michelle, I'm not banded yet, but I was big into the morning weighing thing, too. I think there is something in the Atkins book about the fact that you are not your lightest in the morning and some folks are actually lighter at night. There's some info in there or on their website about it, I believe. They talk about finding the right time of day to weigh and that the morning can be the worst time for some people. So maybe you've changed your metabolism to the point where your best time to weigh has changed. Lesann
Cori T.
on 10/8/04 6:36 am - Neah Bay, WA
You sound like me. My first goal is to be under 200. By Dr W's scale, I'm only 3 lbs away, but by my one at home I'm about 9.
karenyt
on 10/8/04 7:26 am - Renton, WA
My scale and I have made a deal - it doesn't lie to me and I won't throw it down the toilet and flu**** to oblivion!! I hate scales, I have always weighed more than I should, well since girlhood at least as I was a normal sized baby once upon a time, and scales have never been my friends!! Before my surgery 09-15-2004 3 weeks ago, I decided I would enter the world of the weigh in folks and watch the scale make me happy as it goes down in weight. Well, I did lose generously the first two weeks (20 pounds per my Dr.) and my scale and I were great friends. However, my weight loss has slowed down and I even saw the scale yesterday morning tell me I'd GAINED .6 pound! How the H E L K ... can someone gain weight on what I'm eating? I am on the Step 2 puree food diet, which is not bad actually, but there isn't much to it and I'm not usually hungry for extra. AND I have not yet cheated ONCE on this eating since surgery!! OK, so my scale and I are now back to passing acknowledgement of each other's presence instead of friends - I can definitely relate to highs and lows based on scales. I believe a sadistic man must have created scales to begin with!!!! Karen Thompson 09-15-2004
Most Active