protien from costco

Dan G.
on 10/4/04 9:32 am - spokane, wa
does anyone know the name of the protien mix from costco ? time is getting close! just one more test and 7 days (doc wants a tread mill test on my heart )I'm getting some pre-op worrys my dw keeps me busy (painting , new siding on the garage ,washing windows ect sure (love that woman !!! )
Kimanne B
on 10/4/04 10:41 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Dan We're getting closer and closer to our big day! I don't know what the Costco protein is called, you might want to ask on the main board... I think I've seen them talk about it there! You're in my prayers, Kimanne
Dan G.
on 10/4/04 1:26 pm - spokane, wa
Thanks suzie had the ansure its called Pro rated.So how you doing have you packed anything yet ? I haven't yet might this weekend just trying to line up the stuff I'm going to need after the operation.The doc said I'll be there at the hospital until thursday morning.Good luck on your operation your in my prayers also!
Kimanne B
on 10/4/04 3:48 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Thansk Dan! Oh gosh yes, I'm so excited, just about everything is packed, I have all my shakes, drinks, waters, proteins, vitamins, everything *lol* I've been keeping myself busy getting ready, other wise I'd drive my daughter more nuts then I already have! I have my final visit with my Doc on Wednesday, so I guess I'll find out how long I'll be in the hospital then I hope its not more then a few days ~ I don't like hospitals much, haha, but then again, who does? Thanks for the prayers hun and glad you found the info you were looking for from Suzie!
Chrissy P.
on 10/4/04 11:31 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi! Only 3 more days for me! I've done all my pre-op shopping. I was also interested in the Costco protein. It is called Pro-Rated, and you can find it with all of the other engery bars and vitamins. The problem is that you have to buy a HUG BUCKET of it at Costco. So, I didn't buy it yet. I wish we could have a taste of it before I find room on the pantry shelf on that one. Does anyone have any input into whether it tastes good? Good luck on your surgeries, Dan and Kimane. You are both in my prayers. We're October babies! Chris
Dan G.
on 10/4/04 1:35 pm - spokane, wa
Thanks chris I don't know how taste eather but I have heard you can mix it with other things to improve its taste. Only three days left good luck on your operation
John F.
on 10/4/04 3:15 pm - Ward Cove, AK
Hey what's a costco? No not really! I live on an island in southeasst Alaska. We are really lucky to have an Wal-Mart. I am hunting for an doctor at this time I am already approved by my insurance. Looking for someone in the Seattle Area. Only 90 minutes by air. JOHN
skudoozie
on 10/4/04 11:54 am - Elk, WA
Hey Dan! I am two months post-op and have been using the protein from costco almost exclusively. It's called Pro-Rated. I used the fruit-flavored drinks at the beginning but soon grew to not be able to stomach them. I then bought this stuff. The first couple of weeks it was fine, but I soon grew so tired of it. I have some protein that is flavorless but find it makes things thick and I can eat such a small amount of food, it really isn't worth it. My husband started making up two cups of the Costco stuff for me every day. I make it with low carb milk so that the shake has less carbs and more protein in it. We keep it in the fridge in a mason jar so it will be very cold. Each cup ends up with about 34 grams of protein. Rather than drink a cup at a time, I drink about 1/4 to 1/2 cup several times during the day. I seem to be able to get it down that way much better. With the two cups a day, I get in 68 grams of protein and then can add my meats, eggs, cheeses on top of that. Hope this info helps. If you have any other questions, just drop me a line. Suzie 347/291/160
Dan G.
on 10/4/04 1:39 pm - spokane, wa
Thanks for the info !!!!!!!!! I hope to get to costco this week the only thing is that dw is hard to get out of the store lol thanks again
Gerriann A.
on 10/4/04 1:51 pm - Spokane, WA
I have found that the costco protein is a bit clumpy but ok if you like milk products. I get my fruit flavored at Pilgram Nutrician Center at Northtown or on the South Hill. Good Luck! -Gerriann Lap RNY 5/14/04 112 pounds gone forever!
Most Active