I'm sorry I haven't been...

imagrama
on 10/4/04 8:52 am - Gig Harbor, WA
I'm sorry I haven't been on the computer since before my surgery. My surgery went very well. Had open RNY with removal of gall bladder on Sept 17th and got to come home a day early (Sept 20th). Can't say enough good things about the hospital and staff.......not one unpleasant person.(Swedish Ballard) I had the morphine button and used a very minimal amount so I would say I handled the pain well. The worst part of the whole thing, to me, was the NG tube the first few days. The throat was so sore and the mouth was so dry. After the tube was removed, I was in seventh heaven! I was up and walking a few hours after the surgery. I had walked around the nurse's station 4 times the next day and when Dr Weber came in on rounds, he said I was doing great and to walk 4 more times by midnight!! Yup, he's a stickler on walking!! I stayed on my pain med for a few days after I got home. I had my staples removed 10 days out with no problems and had lost 12 pounds already. I'm off all my medicines. My bloods are leveling at about 150 so I may have to go back on a few units of insulin for awhile but that's ok. I have an appt with Dr Weber tomorrow to ck my incision, etc. I've been working on getting enough liquids and protein in. I've had no throwing up yet. One instance of diarrhea....I sipped 4 oz of BOOST, the protein drink (Dr Weber said to get some), and shortly after, got the diarrhea. Turns out it has too much sugar in it. (I'll be letting Dr Weber know about THAT...lol). All in all, I'd say, I'm a very lucky girl. Everything has gone so well for me up to this point. Still pretty weak at times. I have blurred vision so can't read when I'm sitting around recooping. The eye surgeon said that most patients with Retinopathy experience blurred vision after surgery and that it gets worse before it gets better. I'll see the eye surgeon on the 18th. Hopefully, I won't need laser surgery. So, that's it for now. Sorry I haven't been on the computer but just haven't felt up to it with the blurred vision....it's a strain on the eyes. Good luck to all that have recently had the surgery and are where I'm at right now. We're doin it! We're finally on the other side!!! How lucky we are!! Sue
Kimanne B
on 10/4/04 10:45 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Susan I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are recoopin' at home comfortably. I will keep you in my prayers for your vision though Please keep us posted on your progress once you feel better! Good luck and God Bless, Kimanne
Chrissy P.
on 10/4/04 11:34 am - Federal Way, WA
Good for you! I am glad that things have gone so well. This is ver encouraging for me. I hope that your eyes get much better and that you will feel more comfortable recuperating. Hugs, Chris
Most Active