Need help/advice...tummy troubles!!!

dscote4
on 10/3/04 10:53 am - Yorktown, VA
Ok all, Last week starting the throwing up stuff.....couldn't keep anything down......so called Weber's office on Thursday and they had me go on a 3 day all liquids/clear liquids again. Tummy felt WONDERFUL and no pain. I kep****er, pedialyte, and carnation instant sugar free bfasts down with no trouble. 3 days of that.....last night, as per instructed I tried to get down some vitamins........and UGH!! Did my new tummy FLARE!!! Foaming and throwing up AGAIN all night long........this morning after it resting and feeling ok, I tried a smoothie (peaches, protein powder, and fat free milk) and the foaming started again. I am at wits end here!! I'm sooo thirsty and just want to gulp down all the water I can, but I know I have to sip!! What is going on with this new pouch of mine?? why doesn't it seem to be liking artificial vitamins and the stuff I NEED to keep nurished and vitamined!!! Very very frustrated today.....and feeling sad...... Any advice all??? Please!!! Stacie RNY: 8-30-04 Loss to date: -40lbs
awidick
on 10/3/04 12:56 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi Stacie, Have you called Dr Weber's nurse Edie? She said she is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Wish I could help you but I haven't had the surgery yet. Edie's phone number is 206-546-4158 she is there for you to call anytime you need to. Arlene
Rachael E.
on 10/3/04 2:44 pm
Just call Weber's office in the AM...he's back from vacation tomorrow and I am sure they'll be making a LOT of catch up calls....so be patient....his staff was in last week, but he wasn't...he may want you to come in for a swallow study....that's not fun...I'm warning you now....I have to go in Thursday for my follow up....maybe we'll see you around again? Rachael RNY- 9/2/04 -44 lbs....losing slowly now...trying to get my body off starvation mode.
ncarter11
on 10/4/04 1:07 am - Edmonds, WA
I am soooo sorry to hear about your tummy problems, Stacie! That stinks. I don't have any real advice but I have a few ideas. Have you tried liquid vitamins? Small sips during the day, might work for the time being. For your thirst, try chewing crushed ice. It cools and hydrates the mouth and slower on the intake than gulping! Do call Dr W and keep us up to date! Prayers, Nan
Tanja Y
on 10/4/04 1:58 am - Wahiawa, HI
I have some liquid vitamins I bought at GNC that you can have, that way you're at least getting those. Now that I'm able to take the pills I just don't mess with the liquids. They're not the best tasting in the world, but they're not the worst thing I've tasted since surgery! LOL Email me if you want them.......we both live on Ft. Lewis. ~Tanja
dscote4
on 10/5/04 2:58 am - Yorktown, VA
Update: 10-5-04 Ok called Dr. Weber's office yesterday...big big runaround with the surgeon who he wants me to see to do a scope and dialation.....I was so frustrated yesterday went to Madigan ER for help. Was there for 8 hours....and got 3 bags of fluids and anti-nausea meds. Felt 100% better by the time I left. I was able to keep down 8 oz of water while I was there the last 2 hours...so they referred the scoping/dialation out to Dr. WEber....but now I have to fight with my primary care and tricare to get the referral out to do so.......looong day ahead of me I'm sure. I did find some good prospects for protein shakes and vitamins at a natural foods website/store. Checking it out today. Wish me luck guys and thanks for the support! Smiling again from Stacie
JustHat
on 10/5/04 9:12 am - NM
I am glad you went in for fluids. Don't be shy to do it again while you wait for your scope and dialation. I did the referral thing a bit backwards. But, if you don't have approval yet, I would suggest not even messing with the people on the phone. I got my referral by phone from my PCP's nurse. She is really good. But, for dealing with Tricare, I went to their office. Too bad your over at Ft. Lewis instead of here on McChord with me. The Tricare rep I had dealt with is wonderful. I am headed back up to talk to the gastro again next week. When she put in my original referral and approval, she gave me 12 visits to be used before Nov. 15. And, if I need more, she said she would give them to me. I would suggest Dr. Dines in Edmonds. Dr. Weber's office said I had to go go Edmonds. And, that is who I ended up with. Even though it wasn't his day to use the equipment, he came in early and did me. He and the staff was absolutely wonderful. It sucks that he is so far away. But, if your going to travel that far, you might as well go to a good doc. I feel for you. If you haven't read it already, my experience is on my profile. Just remember that it will get better. Hat
Most Active