Medicine immediately post-op

sspev
on 9/30/04 12:24 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Calling all WLS veterans ! ? ! My surgery is next week (Tuesday). I've been trying to figure out how I will continue to do my regular medications that I take now. Most of them are quite small, and 1 is huge! They are for high blood pressure, edema, cholesterol and restless legs syndrome. So the medical issues may resolve themselves as I lose weight, but probably not immediately. I've heard references to crushing pills -- but how do you get them down? Isn't the taste pretty bad? Any suggestions for how you do this when the menu is clear liquid (hospital) and full liquid (post-op @ home)? Thanks for your help and suggestions! Susan
Lorie Z.
on 9/30/04 12:46 pm - Lynnwood, WA
Hi Susan, I have been praying for this for a long time for you. I am so happy for you. I'm sorry I have not talked to you sooner but I have been sick. I am much better now. But I'm am so over joyed for you. The Lord is good when we obey Hoped to see you soon... Love in Christ, Lorie
jennifer A.
on 9/30/04 4:39 pm - lynnwood, WA
Hi congratualtions. I am new to this group. How do I go about starting the process to get the surgery. The problem is I have dshs medicaid and they don't pay for anything it seems like but I might go on my husbands insurnace of regence in october. Jennifer Auraz
ncarter11
on 10/1/04 1:33 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey, Jennifer! This is Nancy, Sarah's friend. Isn't it crazy to run into each other here? Here's where you can read about what others have experienced with your insurance... http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/list-insurers.php?State=WA&alphaPos=M I'll pray for you! Have a great day!!! God bless, hon. Nan
Kimanne B
on 9/30/04 10:42 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
God is Good Susan! You're in my prayers too Congratulations sweetie! Love God, Kimanne
ncarter11
on 10/1/04 1:36 am - Edmonds, WA
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo pleased the God answered our prayers! I'm tickled to know that the timeline is looking perfect for you too! He is SOOOOOoooo good. God bless, hon. Nan
Tammy _.
on 10/1/04 12:14 pm - Puyallup, WA
Congratulations, Susan!!!! You have a great attitude and I am sure that all of your preparations before the surgery will pay off for you. I wish you the very best. God be with you, Tammy
Amanda P.
on 10/1/04 4:12 pm - Wa
CONGRATS Susan on your up coming surgery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. Take care. ............Amanda
Most Active