Recipes

JustHat
on 9/26/04 7:04 am - NM
I was going through my hard drive and found these high protein recipes. The first on I have tried. The other to I have heard are good but haven't ever tried. If you try any of them, let us know what you think. Try these protein pancakes. Looking at the recipe, it sounds gross. But, they are fantastic. The first time I made them, the kids ate them all up and asked for more. After a reminder that eating my food might end their lives, they backed off. 3 egg whites 1/3 cup lowfat/fat free cottage cheese 1/3-1/2 cup oatmeal (depending on what your portion size is) a little cinnamon a little vanilla extract Splinda if you want Mix it up and cook it like a regular pancake. You can eat it like that or top with SF syrup. Rachael, I have heard that you can substitute some tofu for some of the oatmeal to reduce the carbs and increase the protein. ------------------------------ Low-carb Protein Bar 1/3 c soy protein isolate 1/2 c oats 1/4 c dry skim milk 2 tbsp cocoa 12 sweetner packets 1 tbsp cream cheese 1/4 c natural peanut butter 1/4 c flavoured coffee skim milk , approx. 1/4 c Mix pb, cheese and coffee, nuke for 30 seconds. Combine dry ingredients and slowly add to wet, mixing w/ a fork. Mixture should be very difficult to mix, stiff. Add skim milk drop by drop until all dry mixture is mixed in and moist. Press into Pam-sprayed flat pan. Makes 8 bars, per bar: 106.9 kcals, 10.2 protein, 7.7 carbs (minus fibre), 4.5 g fat. ------------------------- Double batch: 3c chocolate protein powder (or vanilla) 2c instant non-fat milk powder 1c oatmeal 1/2c natural peanut butter 1c raisins (or dried cranberries for a change). Mix into a stiff batter, shovel into a 8x16 casserole dish and refrigerate. When sliced, it makes 16 gooey bars, but they become a bit more solid within a few days. Halve it for 8 bars in an 8x8 pan.
Most Active