Worst Recovery Day today - Day 11

karenyt
on 9/25/04 11:42 am - Renton, WA
Wow. I am a ****y little thing, thinking I had this all together and could start to really handle anything at Day 11 post-op!! Well, somebody decided to teach me a little lesson in humility and reminded me that I am not solely in charge here today. I think it all started yesterday - I made my WISH protein powder drink with the wrong % of milk to protein and it was so thick I barely could drink it, although I forced close to what I needed I think!! But, I wasn't thirsty enough for lots more so I let slip some on the liquids. BAD MOVE ON MY PART!! Today I was dizzy, light-headed, sick to my stomach and generally felt rotten - as well as a little scared by all this. I went Halloween costume shopping with my husband and 10 year old daughter for an hour+ today and was really out of it during most this time. I scared myself, them and was reminded that my pouch is a tender little creature (I call her Karen Pouch KP for now) and needs to be prioritized over all else right now!! Anyone else have a similar icky experience to make me feel better? Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed!! I am on the liquid protein part of diet and see the WISH drs. for 2 week check up and staple removal Tuesday pm. Oh by the way, scales this morning say I have lost 20 pounds - which is hard to believe and I am trying hard to convince myself that yes the scales could be right (new and good set) and yes this is not jus****er weight - at least not completely!! Karen Thompson WISH Center, Renton 09-15-2004
skudoozie
on 9/26/04 11:33 pm - Elk, WA
Karen, yes, you will have days you feel great and days you feel awful. I am almost two months out and this weekend I had two bad days. I realized I wasn't eating enough. I went back to work last week full time and wasn't taking care of getting my protein drinks, water, etc. On Friday, I crashed and burned and it has taken all weekend to get back on the horse! Just keep doing what you are supposed to, and those bad days should get fewer and fewer, I'm told. Congratulations on the weight loss. Isn't it amazing! Suzie
Most Active