Popped in to say hi!

catly
on 9/24/04 6:30 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, Sorry I've been absent more than I had planned. I am just so busy doing stuff that I am not on the boards like I was every single day for almost a year! Wow! Kimanne, your surgery will be on my BDay. Hope it all goes well! Some others of you have passed to the losing side, too! Congratulations! Hope you are all doing well. I cannot believe this! I am three months out already! I am 55 pounds down and stuck, but It'll come off some time. I can move around much better. I am not totally out of breath at every little thing! I am hungrier than I was though, oops. Trying to eat better things. Today I got all weirdly excited about some boots I'd gotten from QVC. I was able to get them on by myself! They did not hurt my feet! Though I am usually barefoot at home, I wore these boots around the house, feeling taller and proud! I felt kind of embarrassed when I showed them to Jim. I could just imagine him thinking "they're just boots. Big deal!" He did remind me of the scary boots at the hospital that massaged my legs to help prevent blood clots. I felt claustrophobic in those. I have been wearing thongs or sandals for probably three years! Since these boots have side zippers, they really are doable! I've been wanting something different! Well, if those boots were made for walkin', as nancy Sinatra sang back when I was young, guess I better do a little better on the exercise side of things. I am not the most motivated in that direction as one could be. My family dr. thinks physical therapy would be good for me. I like being in the water and I am more likely to walk that way. Just getting there and back is a problem, unless Jim is involved. Sorry to ramble. I just wanted to get back in touch. I still care about you guys! Thanks. LM
Kimanne B
on 9/26/04 2:43 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Lauren!!!!!! Congratulations on the weightloss and the boots!! I can't wait til I'm where you are You should be soooo proud of yourself! I'm so glad that you dropped in and gave us an update, I've been wondering how you're doing! I think it is true, as we lose weight and become more active, people spend more time away from the board, but thats a good thing! I do enjoy the updates though and am so glad to hear you're doing well Much love, Kimanne
Most Active