I am really upset right n...

sassy
on 9/23/04 8:49 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I am really upset right now... I just came from the dr's office, and when they weighed me, I have gained 2 pounds. How does one GAIN weight, with a weight LOSS surgery?? I don't understand it. I am not sitting here eating everything in sight like I used to, I am eating healthy, a lot more healthy then before... and in way smaller portions!!!! I don't get it. How am I gaining weight??? And the saga of the period that has no end, is now starting into its second week! I am really going to flip. I feel like this whole surgery was a waste of time, I put my body through all of this just to turn around and fail. I can't believe this mess... can somone please try to make some kind of sense out of this?? Coz I do not understand.
lilchickad
on 9/23/04 11:59 am - Bonney Lake, WA
What did your doc say about the weight gain? I have seen lots of posts where if you do not eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode. Are you eating enough? I'm sure this is just a hump that you have to get over, and next week you will have lost the 2 pounds plus more. Hang in there...its going to be worth it!!!! Always, Laura
sassy
on 9/23/04 2:39 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i didnt see my usual doc today, i had a quick appt today. i am averaging less than 400 calories in a day, so i think you may be right about not eating enough. i dont drink protien shakes, my dr said i could make up for it by drinking milk, which i am not doing either, only because i dont like the taste of regular milk and flavored milks i dont want to try because i dont want to dump. i am in a pickle, i am feeling better now though, i was just really upset earlier.
calvoso
on 9/24/04 12:39 am - My hometown, WA
Rennee, This brings back memories. I was questioning the surgery myself at that point. On my six week appointment I was very disapointed in the results, but by my 3 month appointment it evened out. Trust me just let the tool work for you and it will work out. The body goes thru the starvation stage and tries to hold onto the fat, but it will pass and you will get back on schedule. It happens to me. Keep the faith, it will happen. Calvin
ncarter11
on 9/24/04 2:00 am - Edmonds, WA
Keep on keeping on - you are doing great, Renee!!! I know I woulda felt the same, try and not let this bump take away from all you've done and all you're going to do! Keep trusting God, too! Blessings and prayers, Nan
Amanda P.
on 9/24/04 7:07 am - Wa
Renee, All I can say is protien, protien, protien. It is soooooooooo important to make sure your getting enough. Protien is as important as our vitimans. I know the shakes arent the best tasting things, but I make myself choke down 5- 5oz shakes a day. Getting protien from food is tough. You have to eat alot of food before your body can absorb all that you need. There for you defeat the purpose of surgery. Im a nosey person and have read many ppls journals....LOL 1) just cause Im nosey. 2) because I want to see what works best and what ppl do to be successful. I came across one profile of a person taking no liquid protien, but getting her protien from food, needless to say they have only lost 50lb in 6 months with a RNY . Anyway, that is my 2 cents, maybe worth a try. Best of luck to you.........Amanda
Rachael E.
on 9/24/04 8:59 am
You know...Derek finds that when he eats more he loses more....and sometimes it's just one of those days when your just a bit heavier....pretty soon you can get a scale and you'll see....I know in the evening I am heavier than I am in the am...The best time to get on the scale is 1st thing in the AM....right after you've gone potty...naked. It's the first thing I do....then I brush my teeth.....LOL. I have noticed that since I haven't been able to get much in I am not losing fast like I was....but now that I can get a little more in I think I may be losing a little bit more....
sassy
on 9/24/04 6:44 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
just to be nosey a little, what all is he eating now? did he follow the surgeons advice, or did he stick to the green book the nutrition clinic gives us??? i thought of you today when i went to the commissary, i saw the tofu section, and was like, man, i need to try this weird stuff lol i chickened out though lol
Rachael E.
on 9/25/04 10:15 am
You know, he pretty much eats whatever he wants. He uses his head of course. He makes better choices and eats healthier than pre-op, but he still rewards himself. TOFU- I wish I could have some.....I can't even have blenderized foods for five more weeks now with this darn stricture.....it hurts and i's the pits... Derek eats a lot of peanuts, cottage cheese, string cheese, salads, that kind of stuff.....he's down 70 pounds now. It's so exciting!!! I love trying on my old clothes that I wore two years ago....it's like getting a new present....you should reward yourself with a scale....then every AM you could see the results for yourself. It's definately worth it.
Chanise D.
on 9/24/04 12:10 pm - Lakewood, WA
Are you close to your "special time of the month"?..Might be water gain....
Most Active