pretty sick....

Rachael E.
on 9/22/04 2:56 pm
ok, so I am on my way to trying to get myself better.....but I am not doing so hot. I had to go see Dr. W today and I have a stricture and a very bad UT infection.....My body isn't getting enough of anything...I think I have had about 100 calories this entire week....seriously. I had to do a swallow study to make sure I didn't have a leak...I gaged and gaged...tears were running down my face because I was trying to get the stuff down....then after that I had to drink some barium...it was about a billion times better that the stuff before....ICK! I don't have a leak thank God. I am on some really strong antiboitics....give me a tummy ache.... They can't do anything for my stricture yet....Dr. W says it's too soon.....I can ge****er down slowly and ensure and boost down slowly so I am on that stuff for 5 more weeks. Dr.'s orders for two boosts or ensure a day until I am done with antibiotics and feeling better. No more mal-nourishment. Then they will have me test it to see if it has healed itself....if not then they will just blow me up with a little balloon like they helped HAT out. He promised no more swallowing anymore of the barfy stuff. On our way home we wanted to skip traffic so we had Sonya meet us at the mall....it was a fun visit, but I got to feeling pretty crappy....so we hit the traffic...Derek did buy me a new pair of jeans (for me)....and I must say they're quite sexy...ok enough...bed time.... night everyone~ Rae
Rachael E.
on 9/23/04 3:22 am
You're too sweet...THNAK YOU Sonya...I couldn't ask for a better friend. You've really looked out for me. It means a lot! Rae
calvoso
on 9/23/04 1:14 am - My hometown, WA
Rachael, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. Please take care of yourself and let us know when you're feeling better. Congrats on the new jeans. Calvin
talkingkatz
on 9/23/04 2:31 am - Maple Valley, WA
Wondering what the UT in UT infection stands for??? Rachael - it sounds miserable what you are going through. Hopefully the antibiotics will turn you around / at least make you feel better within a day or two. Hope you can at least get some good rest....
Rachael E.
on 9/23/04 3:29 am
Urinary track infection....it made my entire body infected and I have no signs of a UTI only that my urine stinks....I thought that was pretty common after this surgery though...the wierd thing is I haven't had a catherter or anything that would cause this.....so, I am baffled...I am drinking water and all...??????????????????????? The reason it has infected my entire body is because I haven't had anough nourishment so my body had to fight pretty hard.....on empty....now that I am getting more I am feeling much better. Derek went back to work today............he's allready called 3 times in the last 2 hours...he misses being home, but is happy to have a break.
awidick
on 9/23/04 4:01 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Rachael, I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that your feeling so badly. Do you know what you could have eaten that you got the stricture from? Reading all these messages from everyone is alittle scarey. I try to remember what I have read so I know what not to do but it's very hard. I go into see Dr W on 8 Oct for my first one on one. I'm happy for your new sexy jeans . I hope I'm there some day. Feel better soon ok. Arlene
Rachael E.
on 9/23/04 11:20 am
My stricture is caused by healing ....It just started healing too small...sometimes it just doesn't know where to stop...most of the time it does, but few are unfortunate...mine may heal itself...it's a complicated thing to write about...I would have to draw a picture...LOL.... You'll do fine.
Chrissy P.
on 9/23/04 9:29 am - Federal Way, WA
HI Rachael, I am so sorry to hear that you are so sick. I know that you are getting wonderful care and it sounds like you have a wonderful support system. You will remain in my prayers. Keep us updated! We don't want you to feel bad. -Chris
Tammy _.
on 9/23/04 1:28 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi Rachael, I am prone to urinary tract infections myself usually because I don't get in enough fluids. I am never thirsty it seems, and usually can't even finish drinking a whole can of diet pepsi before it gets warm. Anyway, when dehydrated people are prone to bacteria growing in the bladder or urinary tract. Glad you got it detected and are being treated. Sure hope you are able to get more down soon. Take care, Tammy
ncarter11
on 9/24/04 1:34 am - Edmonds, WA
Rachael! I'm sad that you've had any problems! It all sounds awful. I'm praying for you, hon. I hope you are healed about better soon. Congrats on your exceptional weightloss and new sexy jeans! (I posted a reply to this thread the other day. I don't see it. I bet I only previewed it. I'll blame it on the drugs.) Nan
Most Active