I feel lucky.

marjoe98446
on 9/22/04 2:44 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Everybody Just thought I would post and maybe I will give a newbie or a new post 1 more I'm glad I had surgery. I'm 5 weeks out and have lost 35 pounds, I get in 60 Grams of protein by drinking Champion Whey Chocolate in the morning and 1 at night , It was the only one I could stand, after trying at least 20 different protein drinks. And then I eat the rest by eatting lean protein for my soft food stage. Which leaves me 3 meals. I'm walking 40 minutes on my treadmill and lifting dumbbells for my upper body , Per the doctor orders. I joined the YMCA so I'm going to do the water classes to get more work out time in. I'm sleeping a little better and have been back to work for a week. I'm feeling so thankful for this surgery I'm overwhelmed. When I came home after surgery I had such a hard time taking my effexor that I stopped taking it with the help of my DR and I have not hurt anyone. HA HA I had been on it for 10 years. No more Diabetes Medicine or high Blood pressure, No sleeping pill anymore, I save 80.00 a month in medicine. More shopping money. My house is getting clean for the first time in 10 years, drawers, closets ETC ETC. Even though it is only 30 pounds my husband acts like it is a 130 lbs. I;m so lucky with not one problem so far. Well thanks for letting me go on and on, I just know when I was thinking about surgery it helped to hear the people that were happy. God Bless Mary Jo
pat9047
on 9/23/04 12:27 am - CO
Where are you buying Champion Whey?
ncarter11
on 9/23/04 3:02 am - Edmonds, WA
What a great post! I'm a recent post op and love to read about other's success and change. You sound terrific! So glad you posted, Mary Jo!! God bless you too! Nan
Chrissy P.
on 9/23/04 9:32 am - Federal Way, WA
HI Mary Jo, It is good to hear your good news. Thank you for sharing all of that with us. You are an inspiration to me! -Chris
Tammy _.
on 9/23/04 1:05 pm - Puyallup, WA
You go girl!!! I am thrilled for you. I really appreciate people like you that take the time to post and remind all of us pre-ops this is so worth all of the time invested in getting approved. I pray your next months are even happier. Tammy
Kimanne B
on 9/23/04 4:08 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Mary Jo, you are an inspiration for sure! I know exactly what you mean by getting the house cleaner, CLOSESTS *lol* cupboards, everything! I can't wait til' I'm there! Whoo Hoo, you go girl!! Keep us posted on your progress and God Bless, Kimanne
Most Active