peanuts & fruit

sassy
on 9/21/04 6:46 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i am so addicted to peanuts! me and kaylee have wiped out a can in 3 days... most of it was her though.... she always is asking me if she can eat mommies peanuts. silly girl lol another thing i have noticed is how much i am craving fruit. i tried juice and it doesnt settle my craving, only amplifies it that much more. as luck would have it, i had some diced pears in the cupboard, so i tried them and i absolutely thought i would melt right there in the floor. i have never known myself to be like that with anything, but the way they melted inmy mouth and they werent too sweet, they were perfect! my husband thinks i am crazy.... so now i want bananas ... more specifically, i want banana pudding. i would absolutely be in heaven if i could have banana pudding. you know, with the chunks of bananas and vanilla wafers.... oh man! so my question is, am i loosing my brain matter and need to have a psych evaluation, or is this normal?? did anyone else have severe craving?? man i thought my chocolate craving during that time of the month was bad, but it aint got nothing on this lol this is serious stuff lol
sassy
on 9/21/04 8:47 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
lol caught ya didnt i ?? lol
Cori T.
on 9/21/04 7:43 am - Neah Bay, WA
for me, I'm craving a nice crisp, green salad! One with grilled chicken, egg, cheese chunks, sunflower seeds. :::::::::::::::::::::drooling::::::::::::::::::
sassy
on 9/21/04 9:08 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i have heard a lot of people say thats one of their main cravings is salad.... i wonder why that is... probably coz while we could eat it we didnt and now that we cant, we want it lol
Derek E.
on 9/21/04 10:12 am - Bremerton, WA
YES! I want SALAD SO BAD!!!! When we can eat we should meet up for salad...maybe we have an appointment together???? When is your next one again?
Rachael E.
on 9/21/04 10:25 am
Rae wrote this.
Derek E.
on 9/21/04 10:14 am - Bremerton, WA
Dang girl you're only a few days ahead of me and you can have peanuts and fruit........I would just be in heaven if I could get some down. I am pretty tired of boost, crystal lite, and water....... eat some for me too please.
Rachael E.
on 9/21/04 10:23 am
Yeah that was Rachae....not D...
sassy
on 9/21/04 11:23 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
my surgeon (who ends up was derek's) told me i could eat anything i wanted as long as i used my brain about it... kinda odd, i thought, but i guess we will never learn without trial and error. i am doing pretty good for the most part. i have to use my brain when eating mini ravioli lol i choked on some the other night, oh yeah, and honey sesame chicken i thought was gonna kill me, but other than that i am doing good. peanuts, i love, and i havent tried fruit other than some canned pears. i cant stand the crystal lite that i loved pre-op, and the juice is getting old, water, i can tolerate if i am parched and theres nothing else. running out of options lol oh yeah my surgeon says i dont need protien shakes either, that its merely a suggestion from the nutrition clinic to push for maximum vitamins, and he said if i dont like them, i dont have to drink them.
Rachael E.
on 9/21/04 12:52 pm
Yeah, Derek was told the same thing about the protien...he did say you should eat your protien first though....for instance if your having salad potatoes and chicken....he said eat your chicken 1st. My surgeon just said pretty much the same thing...he said it would be good to have about 35 grams a day to prevent hair loss..... You guys who have your surgery at Madigan have a different opening then us outsiders do....they don't do anything with your esophgus sp? ours os made much smaller....It mnakes it so hard to eat even blenderized foods....I am stuck on liquids and I think I am losing too much too quickly. You know what else is yummy to drink...propel...it has only 2 grams of sugar per serving (it takes me awhile to drink a whole bottle that has two servings)....and it's suppose to help keep your bod hydrated. I got a 6 pack at the commisary and it was something like $3.49....better than Costco's price. I like the Peach, berry and kiwi strawberry....D likes the lemon...uck. My taste buds have changed with the crystal lite too.....I like the kiwi-strawberry and the lemonade....yellow not pink.
Most Active