*pounding head on desk* ... *repeatedly*...

sassy
on 9/20/04 11:38 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
okay, i came up with a plan to go see how much i weighed tonight. the nurses said any time i wanted, i could go in and get weighed. so ... that's exactly what i did. i am not sure what i expected, but it's not what i got. i met my first month goal early, i finally reached 350. but i dont know why i am so disgusted with it. i had been loosing like crazy my first two weeks, but now i only lost 3 pounds this week. so now i am trying to figure out what to do, other than exercise my brains out, how do i get the weight off? why did it come off so quickly at the start, but now that i have been moving and walking its slowly coming off?? i was looking around being nosey at other peoples progress and while i did shed in two weeks what some it took a month to shed, but why am i not satisfied here???? i dont get it... someone please explain this to me!!
talkingkatz
on 9/20/04 2:34 pm - Maple Valley, WA
Have heard from post-ops that increase the protein drinks when weight loss slows down. Another thing I'm wondering, are you getting enough to eat? Maybe the body has figured things out and is trying to preserve itself. It won't last. I have 3 weeks to go until surgery!!!! I'm nervous they'll find some reason to cancel or I won't have lost enough weight or something.
Chanise D.
on 9/20/04 2:35 pm - Lakewood, WA
Every BODY is different...you are doing soooo good losing 3lbs in a week...some weeks are sure to be better than others...Keep up the good work and the pounds will surely continue to come off... Every time I think about my post surgery goal...I calculate 8-10 lbs a months.....I don't know weather I will feel this way whenever I get my WLS...but i am setting all my goals on 8-10 lbs a month.
Amy M.
on 9/20/04 10:59 pm - Anacortes, WA
Don't lose hope!! You're doing great. It can be frustrating losing only 3 pounds after several weeks of significant losses. Keep in mind that if you lost 3 pounds a week for a year, you'd lose 156 pounds. NOT BAD! Best Wishes, Amy
calvoso
on 9/21/04 4:08 am - My hometown, WA
Renee, Don't loose hope. The same thing happened to me. If you read my profile you will see I was feeling the same thing you are. I lost so much the first six weeks, but the second six weeks was very disapointing. It will average out. My doctor told me my body was just adjusting. Try not to weigh yourself very often. It only adds to the anxiety. Good luck and hang in there. You're doing great. Calvin
Most Active