So Confused - TriCare & WLS

Amy M.
on 9/20/04 8:10 am - Anacortes, WA
I had a visit with my PCP today to discuss weight loss surgery. He tried really hard to talk me out of wanting the surgery, but I was firm and let him know I was going to pursue it. He said he put in a referral for consult to general surgery. I'm confused about what this means because I called the Tricare hotline to make an appointment and they said it would take two days to review the consult before I could call back and make an appointment. Also, isn't Madigan the hospital that's full to the gills and they aren't taking any new patients? If so, what does that mean for me? Will I have to wait or will they refer me to a civilian? I'm just confused...and scared. I'm so afraid this isn't going to happen for me. Thanks!
awidick
on 9/20/04 11:59 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Amy, When I went through Tricare/Triwest, you go to your consultation with the Dr in general surgery. He will ask if there is anyone who wants to be referred out. You can speak up and say you would like a referral out. Be patient, it will happen .......the military moto hurry up and wait. Arlene
Chanise D.
on 9/20/04 2:29 pm - Lakewood, WA
I am in the process right now....1st you get the referral to Gen Surg from your PCP....Then you go to that appt...Then they give you a list of appts to complete before you go back to your PCP and ask for an outside referral...I have my appt for that tomorow....PRAY FOR ME....Then IF your PCP put in your referal...TRI WEST must approve it...Then you gotta get the PCP to put in all your pre opt test..if approved....and I have no idea after that...I hope I find out tomorow... Good luck...
Most Active