Home and resting

ncarter11
on 9/20/04 12:57 am - Edmonds, WA
I wish I had a good update ala-Hat in me, but alas, i do not! If my fam knew I was down here they'd prob have a cow. I've let them know that all cow-having shall be done by me alone, but they haven't really seemed to come into full agreement with me on that yet! ;) Anyway.... I was scared to come home from the hosp. I'm feeling really well and strong considering, but I have a hard time getting up and down into anything - especially bed. I've learned how to navigate my way out of our bed and am doing much better now. My incision is only about 4 - 4.5 inches long! 12 staples! I came home with no additional weight. I'm tired from no sleeping in the hosp. I'm drugged so I am pretty comfy right now. Kids are home and will help me with everything. I'd rather not eat. It seems like a big burden to plan out how to get everything in. Today I rest and do what I can, tomorrow I'll conquer the world ;) Sorry for such a disjointed post. My mind isn't its sharpest right now. Thank you Susan for being my angel - for your prayers, help, support, and for keeping everyone informed on my progress! You are a doll. Love and blessing to you all! Thanks for your prayers and concern. I'll post gory details when I am able. Nan
karenyt
on 9/20/04 1:53 am - Renton, WA
Welcome Home surgery buds!! Mine was 09-15-2004 and I know completely what you mean about the groggies. I'm feeling fine, liquid doing OK, have enough gas to light up most of our downtown office buildings single-handedly (well, my gas is not really in my hand but you get the graphic image I'm sure without further detail!) Congratulations on being on the losing side. It is just so going to be worth it all!!! Karen Thompson 5 days post op 09-15-2004 WISH Center, Renton, WA
JustHat
on 9/20/04 2:36 am - NM
Good to see your smiling face back. Remember, this is the hardest week. And, each day is easier than the last. I love that your family is watching out for you so much. You know that mothers aren't used to being taken care of. But, let them. You need your rest. And, like you said there is always tomorrow waiting for you to conquer. Relax, recover and then tell us ever little detail. Hat
calvoso
on 9/21/04 4:11 am - My hometown, WA
Nancy, Congratulations on joining us on the other side of loosing. Hang in there it gets easier. Please keep us updated on your progress. Calvin
Most Active