blood work and clothes

JustHat
on 9/19/04 4:34 pm - NM
For those of you post-op, when did you do your first blood work after leaving the hospital? The only reason I have had any blood work done so far is because I was in the ER. But, in reading other people's posts, it seems that many have had blood work done early on. Clothes-Does anyone else find that they go to their closet and still don't think things will fit? I know my body is getting smaller. But, I tend to forget that my clothes aren't getting smaller with me. Today I went and took a look around. I decided against severl things because last time I tried them on, they were too tight in the belly. Well, he last time I tried them on was pre surgery. Of course they will fit now. But, I can't get it out of my mind that they will. I remember them how they were and ignore them. I still grab the old clothes even though the minute I get them on, I know they are too big. When I had surgery, I should have had my brain vented so I could pass these brain farts. Hat
sassy
on 9/19/04 5:24 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i have a black dress suit, it was my first suit ever, so i was pretty proud when i got it, and i loved it, i wore it almost every sunday, as weird as that sounds.... anyways, i went to put it on this morning, and since i hadnt put it on since surgery, i didnt think it would fit any different. boy was i wrong, the skirt was very loose and the jacket, even when buttoned, made me look like i was swimming in it. so, i was sad since i can no longer wear my suit, and happy, because i can no longer wear my suit lol and some of the stuff that used to be snug, is now having to be pinned.... i love these problems lol as far as the blood work, i think madigan does theres 6 weeks out, then the nutrition clinic takes over....
Tanja Y
on 9/20/04 5:47 am - Wahiawa, HI
I had blood work done at my second post-op check up because the doc was worried about the color of my drain fluids. Everything was fine. At my check up last week he scheduled me to do a complete bloodwork the first week of October. When I mentioned it today at the nutrition clinic she said she was going to look to see what he ordered and would probably add a test or two to it. As for the clothes.......I still find myself grabbing the same shirts I wore pre-op that were loose and comfy........now they just hang on me. I did go thru my closet a few days ago and try on a couple shirts that didn't used to fit. A few of them did and a few didn't, which is strange since they were all the same size! LOL I've had to put back 2 pairs of pants because they were just so big and loose I constantly felt like they were gonna fall off. Now that felt good! ~Tanja
Most Active