Good things and bad things

JustHat
on 9/19/04 5:56 am - NM
I have tons of clothes. New clothes with the tags still on them. At the beginning of the year, I stacked them all according to size so I could find them when I needed them. A few weeks ago, I went through my long shorts to find something that would fit and not look nasty on me. But, I didn't check out the pants. After all, the next size I have is 16. I figured that I would need to lose another 10 pounds before I could get into them. But, yesterday I couldn't take the baggy butt any longer. I figure I was going to force myself in to those 16s no matter what. Plus, they are the stretchy kind. I was so shocked when I put on a pair yesterday and they fit. I didn't even need to suck it in when I zipped them up. And, I received complements yesterday. I know I have a long way to go, but I did feel like I looked good yesterday. The down side is that I am still puking all the time. I had a couple of days where I only puked half of what I was eating. So, I thought this med they gave me might be working. Then came last night. I puked at my late diner. Then I took a nap. I figured/hoped that my pouch would calm down. When I got up, I carefully ate a small amount. Then I not so carefully puked. I tried my meds. Puked them up. I tried a little water. Puked. I tried some warm tea. This was a really bad idea. I spent 7 or 8 hours puking. The last two hours, I was puking on my own spit. Now, the next day, I am puking on small sips of water and my meds again. I really don't want to go back up to Seattle again. But, if this isn't better by next week, I am calling the gastro again. I guess two good things are coming from this. First the weight lose. Second, I have really changed my views on food. I don't see it as something I want any longer. I see it has something I have to do to try and stay alive. Now I really understand that phrase...Don't live to eat. Eat to live. ~~Hat
sspev
on 9/19/04 6:20 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Congratulations, Hat! I don't know what size you started at -- but looking good in size 16 -- AWESOME! On the other hand, please don't wait a whole week to call your doc if the puking doesn't stop . . . There may be something with your innards that the doc needs to know about . . . You're in my prayers! Susan
sassy
on 9/19/04 2:18 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i have this problem now where, if i walk or move too much, my stuff starts sliding, i was walking to my seat in church tonight and felt both my panties and my skirt slide... ohhh boy, what an awesome problem to have!!! lol i couldnt believe that my 26/28 stuff is falling!! but not to worry, i am safety pin woman!! i just hope i dont have to pin my panties lol thats a bit much lol i have some smaller stuff i hid away because i couldnt wear it, so i might have to bust out with it pretty soon. my pastor calls me the incredible shrinking woman. lol my knee highs are becoming roomier, almost too roomier, but i cant pin those lol oh yeah.... honey sesame chicken makes me yack. seriously, i did my time in the poddy with my head in the can, and then slept it off until almost 6!! i woke up and i was like, what did i miss??? i have been craving orange juice. much to my suprise it was too tart for me, but my daughter, being the gem she is, decided it needed watered down, so she volunteered herself and it actually helped lol i let her live lol its just juice afterall... okay, so how is everyone else doing??? hat, you know if you need anything, buzz! me lol
JustHat
on 9/19/04 4:12 pm - NM
Sondra told me today that you look great. She said she can really see the changes in your face. I am going to have to get my butt in gear and get a look at you before you lose so much I won't recognize you. Good job. Honey Sesame Chicken sounds really good. But, I'll just take your word for it that it isn't good. That Subway commercial has been calling to me. I think it is a sweet onion chicken sandwich. I really miss bread I was a little worried about you because you hadn't been around the last few nights. I guess it is a good think I have someone to stalk you for me. Hat
sassy
on 9/19/04 5:32 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i had a hankering for subway too, but i love their breads, so i know i would be shooting myself in the foot going in there, because i would be sucker enough to try it .."just to see".. i figured i could get cold cuts and cheese at the commisary and be done with it, since i cant have the lettuce and pickles and tomatoes and all the yummy stuff that goes with it... by the way, mark says i am a cheap date now lol he cant get over the little bit of food that i eat now, but i think we both agree that i ate too much honey chicken today at lunch... i was really knocked for a loop today... i havent been cuddling with my computer for a while, i am trying to make nice with mark and spend more time off than on... plus i can have it all day, he only gets it at night, so its fair lol sondra is a good spy lol she looks me over every time she sees me lol i asked her how my favorite neighbor was, she spies on you for me too lol so i guess she is making double money lol
Chanise D.
on 9/19/04 4:18 pm - Lakewood, WA
Crongrats on the size 16.... Where I'm from down south...your a healthy chick....They (men) like that...I hope to get to at least a 10...1DAY BUT>>>DO NOT wait a week...call....let someone know because in the tons of papers and stuff I have recieved so far...NO where have puking been an aid in weight loss...are you still able to exercise w/o muscle cramps....Get looked at please..Puke is very hard on the esophogus and teeth... No need have a new sexy body and a gapped smile.....LOL DID I make a valid argument for you to call........
JustHat
on 9/19/04 4:27 pm - NM
Nah. LOL My esophogus was sore this morning. So, I know it took a beating. As for the teeth, I have spent so much time in reverse lately that I have had time to think about that. The reason that throwing up is bad is the stomach acids. But, our little pouchs don't have acid in them. So, the teeth should be safe. What do you think? I had decided to call the gastro tomorrow. Then around noon, I felt better. I was able to eat 2 cashews, 1 pecan, 2 brazil nuts and 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes with extra gravy (over two meals). So, food is back to staying down. And, even though I was on the verge of dehydration this morning, I have that under control again. This week is also a really bad week to have to deal with trips to Seattle. My van is hardly running. And, we are going to Idaho this week to buy a new SUV. There are also various appointments going on this week. But, I promise you that I will give him a call to be seen next week (if he can get me in) if things don't stay as good as they were this afternoon. Thanks for caring and replying. Hat
Most Active