Nan is on the losing side!

sspev
on 9/16/04 10:48 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Dr. Weber completed Nancy Carter's surgery about 10:00 this morning. She's already been up a couple of times for walks. Karl (her DH) is with her, and he reports that she's doing fine. He also thanked us for all our support for her. I told him that Nan is pretty special to us on this board, and she's been in all our prayers. Thanks, Susan (Nan's Angel )
Cori T.
on 9/16/04 12:16 pm - Neah Bay, WA
Hey Susan, thanks for the update! Tell Nancy to roam those halls! walk, walk, walk
sspev
on 9/17/04 1:29 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
I stopped by Stevens this evening on my way home to check up on Nan -- her room is right across from the nurses' desk, but she wasn't in it when I arrived. They said she was out walking, and she would soon come around the corner -- which she did. I walked with her for "2 more laps" -- Karl, her DH coach, kept her going, and also brought the cool washcloth she needed! (Touring the floor, she's discovered that her walk takes her through both hot pockets and cold pockets.) She expressed some frustration that she isn't more energetic, but I pointed out that healing bodies require tremendous energy, and her body has just experienced major trauma. Although we prepare mentally and spiritually for this surgery, that preparation can't alleviate the actual physical assault of the surgery to our bodies. The ensuing healing process utilizes tremendous energy and strength. We are so "fearfully and wonderfully made"! (Ps139:14) She looks great -- not much swelling, and she's tolerating the ng tube, too. She'll be going home Sunday. Keep her in your prayers! Susan (Nan's Angel)
sassy
on 9/16/04 12:48 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
yeayyyy nancy!!!! thank you for keeping us posted!!!! give her big (gut gentle) hugs for me!!!
Chanise D.
on 9/16/04 3:24 pm - Lakewood, WA
YEAH NAN........Take it easy and my prayers are with you...
JustHat
on 9/16/04 4:19 pm - NM
That is great news! Thanks for letting us know. And, please tell her how excited we are for her. Hat
Kimanne B
on 9/18/04 10:35 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Thanks for the update Susan! She's in my prayers Glad to hear she's doing well Keep us posted please. Kimanne
Most Active