I am in need of some advi...

Lmcevil
on 9/16/04 9:21 am - Everett, WA
I am in need of some advice on where to go for my psyche Eval and how to get my insurance to pay for my nutrional Eval. I have Tri-West Insurance. If any of you are Military and have done this Please let me know. Thank you so Much
JustHat
on 9/16/04 9:31 am - NM
Call TriWest's health care finder and tell them that you need a psych eval from a registered psychologist and ask them for the names of the ones in the network in your area. When I called, they gave me 9 names and numbers. On that list, only 2 did the eval for WLS. As for the nurtrition eval, TriWest won't pay for it. So, you have two choices. Either you pay for it yourself or you come down to Madigan and take their class. Or, maybe there is another MTF that has a nutrition class. Good luck. Hat
Lmcevil
on 9/16/04 10:05 am - Everett, WA
Thank you so much for the response. Do they have a waiting list at madigan for the nutrional Evaluation and is it a one time shot or is it 4 weeks in a row like at Bremerton Naval Hospital do you know? Thank you
JustHat
on 9/16/04 10:25 am - NM
It is a one day appointment. The regular nutritional appointment for people not having WLS is over something like 6 weeks. I don't know if they have a waiting list. I do know that they only offer it once a month. You have to have a referral. And, make sure your referral is for the WLS nutritional class. TriWest is real picky about that and is eager to put you in the wrong class. Then after you get your appointment or if they say there aren't any available (either way), call the nutritional clinic to see that you got the right appointment. Sometimes they can even bump you up to a sooner date. Hat
Cori T.
on 9/16/04 12:22 pm - Neah Bay, WA
they won't pay for the nutrional consult. I did mine at Steven's hospital. The bill is $169! It really was a waste of time but the surgeon requires it. It's 2 booklets of what to eat at what stage and the nutrionalist read it to me. That's it. So far haven't goteen a bill direct from the hospital. I know it was $169 by TriWest's EOB. As for the psych. consult. Find a Dr. on Triwest. They need to submit for an auth. for a pre-interview. Then they submit for the time needed for the testing (that took 3 hrs) so far I haven't seen an EOB for that. I'm hoping all went well in pymts. in that area! That's how it worked for me anyway. I did all this after the June 1st changes. Good luck!
Lmcevil
on 9/16/04 1:19 pm - Everett, WA
Thank you I am really trying hard to get these last 2 things done so I can go to my second appointment with Dr. Weber and do this surgery before I lose my mind. Tri west should get off the money and pay for the whole package don't you think?
Most Active