Which obesity lawyer????

Tammy _.
on 9/13/04 1:21 pm - Puyallup, WA
I am in the process of appealing my insurance company's denial and am wondering which attorney to hire to handle my case. The 2 that I know of are Walter Lindstrom and Gary Viscio. Any input would be really appreciated! Thanks, Tammy
Julia B.
on 9/15/04 5:00 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi Tammy! I spent 3 years trying to get my insurance to approve me for the Lap Band. The first go around I did it all myself and when I applied again a year ago I decided to hire Walter Lindstrom. He was great over the phone for the final appeal which was a teleconference with the insurance board but the majority of the time I had trouble reaching him and getting him to respond to my calls. I primarily talked with his wife Kelly, who is very nice. I got the impression that he travels alot and is VERY busy. I felt like I spent $800 for a bunch of form letters and a conference call. There was little personal interaction. Ultimately the appeal was denied again and I decided to pursue the RNY and was immediately approved. I don't regret hiring Mr. Lindstrom because I know I gave it my all, I just never felt like he was able to give me his all. Just my humble opinion based on my own experience. I wish you the best of luck! Julia
Tammy _.
on 9/17/04 7:04 am - Puyallup, WA
Hey Julia~ Thanks for the info. I have heard others say the same thing, that while good at what he does, he is still very difficult to get ahold of. I think I will try calling the attorney in NY and see what he is like. Too cool that we are both living in Puyallup, have about the same BMI, and have fought with Regence for years!! Well, maybe cool wasn't the best choice of words, but it does sound like we have a lot in common. I wish you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!! Tammy
Most Active