I hear voices

JustHat
on 9/13/04 5:23 am - NM
Just when I had give up ever finding a workout buddy, I found one...and she tried to kill me. Let me back up a bit. Today was my youngest's first day of school. Last year I promised myself that no matter if I had WLS or not, I was going to go to the gym this year. Last week I rested up. But, up until this morning, I was excited. I hadn't changed my mind, but was a little less thrilled this morning. So, after an hour and half of watching my son walk around with his backpack on, it was finally time to take him. I saw some old friends and was invited to work out with one of them. She is a thin one so that slightly scared me. Plus, she mentioned the words "spin class". Visions of what that could be filled my head. I finally settled on a vision of my passing out and their workout was to see who could spin me in a circle the most times. --------- We interrupt this story to bring you some late breaking news. MY THIN FRIEND NOTICED MY WEIGHT LOSS!! She is the first one to noticed. I am not a hugger. But, I almost lost control and hugged her. She is now my favorite person of the week. --------- Back to our murder mystery. Spin class, well, I guess I could try it. Surely when I woke up, they would tell me who won. She was in a hurry so she was off. There was a new mom there. Her son was a little less than excited for her to leave. So, we chatted and realized we were both headed off to work out. She is about my build and I felt we matched well. Remember, I haven't worked out much since my stricture because I haven't felt all that grand. Also, my idea of a workout is to pick a distance and complete it as quickly as possible. She had other plans. We started off on the treadmill. I was thinking 20 minutes doing it the way I used to with increasing challenge. She ended up keeping me on that darn thing at between 3 and 4 mph for 30 minutes. I was ready to go. But, no, she drug me over to the bikes. 20 minutes of peddling later I finally talked my way out of there. I left her with a smile on her face. I am not one to let someone out do me, but today I was happy to do so. I have to admit, I feel great. I figure Wed. I will stay for a full hour...if I can walk. Hat
pat9047
on 9/13/04 5:29 am - CO
LOL!!! Be careful what you wish for.
Chanise D.
on 9/13/04 5:59 am - Lakewood, WA
How funny.....Good job..Keep up the good work.....And remeber don't over do it...
Cori T.
on 9/13/04 7:13 am - Neah Bay, WA
That's great. Now if just a voice would talk to me. I'm having a very hard time doing my exercise. ::::::::::::hanging head in shame:::::::::::::
sassy
on 9/13/04 9:40 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
now hat... i thought we agreed that we wouldnt tell people about the voices lol last thing we need is to end up on 5North lol jk good job, girlie, maybe you and i can sneak out for a walk on thursday... hit the gym with a vengance lol
Most Active