Body (black and) Blues

JustHat
on 9/12/04 4:52 pm - NM
Weird things are going on in this skin. Ok so my body is changing. It appears that almost everything is getting smaller. Almost I say because apparently my head is getting bigger. I have bruises on three different spots on it from hitting it three different times. It is really pretty funny. I thought I knew how big my head was. I thought I knew how to avoid banging it into things. But, as I rub my forehead and wonder where this bruise came from, I realize that I am probably the first one to complain that WLS caused an over sized hear. My other complaint is about the other end. This one I have heard people talk a lot about. My rear hurts. Apparently I have lost enough padding to sit comfortably for a long time. I need a soft toilet seat. Not that I am sitting in there all that long. But, that is where it first became apparent. And, it really surprised me because I still have a sizable rear. Now I know why those boney girls always stand around. They can't sit on those tiny little bums. Ok and this is for the girls in the group. Guys, you probably want to move on. I noticed that I have lost some breast size. DH's blood pressure goes up as my breast size goes down. He is a boobman. This is normal enough. Except, they are losing at different times. One of them will get smaller then the other. They have finally evened out for now. Tell me. How can I get four kids to do what I want when I can't even get my own body parts under control? ~~HAT~~
Cori T.
on 9/13/04 1:07 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hat, sorry to snicker at your woes, but the way you write gives me a chuckle. Do you have feelings of lightheadedness? I do, so maybe you're banging your huge head then ( ) Hey, remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine's boyfriend said she had a huge head? hehehe your (.) (.) hopefully will even out.
JustHat
on 9/13/04 4:03 am - NM
"Do you have feelings of lightheadedness? I do," Now hold on just a minute. Are you saying that I make you lightheaded? Actually, I am lightheaded quite a bit. You might be on to something.
Chrissy P.
on 9/13/04 9:50 am - Federal Way, WA
As a pre-op, I have one suggestion and one question. 1. Do most post-surgery patients get lightheaded and stay lightheaded because you just can't eat enough to avoid it, or is there something we can eat post-op that will alleviate the problem? The thought of being lightheaded the rest of my life TRULY gives me pause and is scarier than losing my hair. I hate when I get lightheaded in my pre-op life, and I usually race for something to eat when I feel that way. I am a very physically active person and am a very busy professional (and yes, I am proscratinating while being a professional right now, while checking out this site). Anyway, I am really worried about the lightheaded thing. Any tidbits of wisdom, y'all? 2. Remember in 6th grade when everyone stuffed their bras with socks or kleenex? Well, I never did anything like that . Perhaps on the uneven (-)(-) days, you should compensate with some manmade materials. Just a thought.
Cori T.
on 9/14/04 6:12 am - Neah Bay, WA
Christina, The lightheadedness is getting better. I'm 2 weeks out today. Plus, I know a lot of people get b-12 shots 2xa month at first, then once a month. I haven't asked Dr. Weber about this yet. I have easy access to getting b-12 shots here at the Indian Health Services. (We live on the Makah Indian Reservation).
ncarter11
on 9/14/04 10:35 am - Edmonds, WA
Your posts are always informative and fun to read! Thanks for keeping us informed!! It helps so much! nan
sspev
on 9/14/04 2:49 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Okay, everyone! It's time to start wrapping Nancy and Karl in our prayers. Nancy's surgery is Thursday with Dr. Weber. Send your support to Nancy. Nancy and Karl have 6 children, and the 16- and 12-year-olds are being home-schooled this year. Don't forget, too, to keep the medical team in your prayers, as well. We can pray for them to be well-rested, steady-handed, and the nurses to be loving and gentle, but also vigilant and efficient when they meet Nancy on Thursday. Nancy has been physically preparing for her WLS with walking, and good nutrition. She is also spiritually prepared, as she has allowed our Savior to lead her into this journey, and prepare the way for her. Send Nancy your wishes. I'll post updates on her progress as soon as I know of them. Nancy, thanks for granting me the privilege to be your angel. Susan
sspev
on 9/14/04 2:51 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Here's the link to post to Nancy's page: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=C1049748210 Thanks again, Susan
ncarter11
on 9/14/04 3:31 pm - Edmonds, WA
Thanks so much for posting an announcement for me, Susan! So sweet! Thank you for reaching out, offering to be my angel, and for praying for me! I am peaceful and ready! You ==> Me ==> Blessings and hugs! Nan
Most Active