I've been experimenting.. (ut-oh) lol

sassy
on 9/11/04 3:24 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i got a little frusterated today, because while there are those who had the surgery behind me already on purees, i am still on full liquids... which didn't make sense to me... so i became dr. bryant for the day. for my lunch i had mad hankerings for real food, so i took a look at my green book from madigan to look to see what was in the next stages... i decided scrambled eggs sounded pretty darn good, so off i went... 45 minutes later, my one little scrambled egg with a little melted cheese had stuffed me beyond my mental belief. wow... so mark decided he wanted to go out to eat for dinner, so we decided mutually upon the a&w/kfc since i could try potatoes and he could get greasy burgers and kaylee could get greasy chicken, everyone happy.... so with dr. bryant's permission, i decided mashed potatoes with gravy and paked beans sounded good... gotta have some protien somewhere... madness... it tastes soooooooo good, my mouth was dancing!! but i didn't get to enjoy much.. after about 1 tbs. of each, i found myself stuffed to the rim again... doggie bag city!! man i could eat off of this for a week!! lol oh and an added extra bonus... i have been craving applesauce for days now, and there was a cup of it in my daughters meal, and since she doesnt like it, i swiped it. but shhhh dont tell her otherwise she will want it lol so... i know i can't push my luck with it, but i am slowly progressing. so... that is my report... and if i find out anyone called my surgeon and snitched... yer in big trouble lol jk i know none of you would ever do that.... well, i hope not.... lol
Tanja Y
on 9/11/04 4:18 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Paging Dr. Bryant.......paging Dr. Bryant........LOL So you kept everything down? Sure hope so. You're starting to sound like me.......I decided I was ready for 'food' and buzzed thru the pureed stage....heck I think I did maybe one day of it and thought to myself "NO WAY" can I do this. Double check the applesauce and make sure it's not full of sugar! ~Tanja
sassy
on 9/11/04 4:29 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
everything stayed down, but i freaked out earlier because i was chewing a eeeeeedy beeeeeeeedy piece of turkey from a pot pie, and i swallowed it, and holy cow, totally freaked, but then when i put my stethascope on lol i remembered it didnt come back up, and i havent had any signs of problems. i think the only major hankering that is getting to me is spaghetti-o's and sheesh i can throw them in the blender! lol
sassy
on 9/11/04 4:41 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
what did dr. e say about you skipping the purees???
skudoozie
on 9/12/04 11:58 am - Elk, WA
Renee, I also pushed ahead! I did it carefully though - only little bites of things. I didn't have any bad experiences except for a couple times when I ate too fast. I am still relying on my protein drinks for my protein intake but and trying to increase my meal portions a little. I'm almost more afraid of volume of food rather than what I eat! I am having a hard time taking in more than a couple of tiny little bites at a time. Today I did eat about 1/2 oz of roasted chicken, a tsp of stuffing, and one slice of beet for dinner. It was so good! Well, sound slike you're doing well Renee. Keep up the good work ! Suzie
Most Active