Trouble swallowing...

Rachael E.
on 9/11/04 3:06 am
I am having trouble swallowing...it feels like I am trying to swallow a base ball or something...all I am trying to eat is water and pureed cottage cheese,,,,ya know stuff like that....it's not thick at all it's very liquidy... HAT- is this how your stricture started out????? I am living off water...... I haven't been hungry, but I feel like I might need some nutrients...My protein shake is very bubly...and it hurts my tummy.... Help?
JustHat
on 9/11/04 6:39 am - NM
Is it having trouble getting through your throat or does it feel like it is getting stuck in your chest? The stricture hurt right between my breasts, or I should say where they were when I was 19. My stricture started with some amount of pain and lots of throwing up. Each day I could eat less and less. Because small stuff and water was still going through during the beginning of it, I thought I was just taking too big of bites. Eventually, no bites would stay down no matter how small. On the day I stopped trying to get anything to stay down, I got half of a protein shake down then felt a little sick. 1 hour later not even water would stay down. That night I threw up 10 times just trying to drink 1 ounce of water over a 2 hour time period. When did you first notice the problem? Has it been building or is this new for today? What was the last thing you were able to eat?
Rachael E.
on 9/11/04 9:19 am
At first it feels like it gets stuck then ym chest starts to hurt like hell.....the last thing I ate was last night....I finally got some chicken broth down.....I hate broth....I have been living on water...I don't throw up I just get that massive pain between my boob right on my chest bone....for about a minute (it seems like an hour)....every swallow I take. I am starting to get crabby....It's been going on since...night before last..
JustHat
on 9/11/04 12:48 pm - NM
I feel for you. Speaking with absolutely no medical athority, I would say that if you can ge****er down tomorrow, then call Dr. W on Monday. But, if you can't ge****er down tomorrow, then call him. There is no need to feel bad all weekend just to wait for his office hours. And, it is possible you will get better attention if you call outside of office hours. Good luck and keep us posted.
Cori T.
on 9/11/04 1:03 pm - Neah Bay, WA
oh gosh, doesn't sound like fun. Have you called the Dr? Hope it goes away soon!
Most Active