Denied.... Again

Tammy _.
on 9/10/04 4:34 am - Puyallup, WA
I'm so angry that Regence has denied me again. I really thought that we had all of our i's dotted and t's crossed this time. You know, I tried to prepare myself for this ahead of time and was ready to appeal, but that little naive girl inside of me thought that Regence would do the right thing. Yeah, right! Grow up, Tammy. It's hard not to get emotional and to think rationally when you feel like your quality of life depends on this one surgery. I have seen some people get approved after denials so I am going to march onward and upward. Thanks everyone for being my mentors. Tammy
pat9047
on 9/10/04 5:07 am - CO
I am so sorry to hear that news. I wish I could say something to make it better but I know I can't. Please keep trying.
Chrissy P.
on 9/10/04 9:05 am - Federal Way, WA
I HATE REGENCE!!!! They are my insurance company, too, and since I have no co-morbidities, I didn't even appeal. I am paying for this surgery myself. I know that is not the option for everyone, but it is right for me. Insurance companies make absolutely no sense. If they don't pay for your surgery, then they'll be paying for all of the care you will need to treat the gerd and any other problems that pop up due to weight. Why can't they see that? Oh, yeah, because it is LOGICAL and they don't understand LOGICAL. So sorry about this. Please keep trying. (us) (you) (Regence) (me) (Regence)
Tammy _.
on 9/10/04 11:04 am - Puyallup, WA
Thanks Patricia and Christina for your comforting words. It really means so much to have my wls friends to console me like only they can. Others try (and God bless them for it) but only those who have walked a mile in our shoes can really know how we feel. You are treasures to me. Thanks again. BTW, Christina, I just love the emoticons. (sp?) They made laugh! Tammy
Cori T.
on 9/10/04 11:18 am - Neah Bay, WA
Tammy, so sorry, try again! Best of luck!
Amanda P.
on 9/10/04 12:06 pm - Wa
Tammy, Im so sorry for your denial. I have CIGNA and they put me threw HELL. It took me 3 denials, hiring Walter and Kelly an external review and FINALLY 18 months later I am approved. Dont EVER give up!! You deserve and are worth the fight. Yes it is an emotional hell and really gets ya down at times. but DONT GIVE UP, pick yourself back up, get your boxing gloves on and go at em again and again. I wish you all the best, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and go get em ...............Amanda
karen C.
on 9/11/04 1:37 am - Kennewick, WA
Hi Tammy, I can be "co-miserable" with you. Uniform Medical Plan of Wa has denied me twice. I am at the "Level Two Appeal" stage. They have until Oct 1 to respond. I too feel like I have given them more than they need with several co-morbidities. The only thing I haven't done, a sleep apnea study, will be done early in October. We have to keep at it and hope for the best. Take care, Karen
Most Active