STAPLES.....

Rachael E.
on 9/10/04 4:30 am
Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone....BUSY day yesterday. I got to Dr. W's office early....he's always running late...and I am always early. Stacie was there...she looks GREAT! And a few others were there that I had met at the hospital. I met two other ladies....one had her surgery in July and the other is going in on Monday. It was fun talking with everyone! I got in there and Sumer wieghed me...um um.....251 thank you very much! My starting weight at his office is 276... I got a nice high from that of course! Dr. W was so impressed! He said that as good as any that he's ever seen 7 days post op. I am sure he's was just making me feel good... Derek got on the scale and we weight exactly the same........LOL Dr. W said you know she'll beat ya though...right? On to the staples...I layed down on the table....he was just going to take them out while I was sitting there...yikes...I was like- no, you better just let me lay down....LOL. So he said he was going to take out every third..then every other....then he handed Derek the staple remover and said have at it.....I got so nevous....I said if you hurt me you're gunna pay.......big time...Dr. W started in on his comments...LOL. Derek got real nervous...his hand was shaking....LOL. Dr. W kept directing him....then he said oh what the hell let's just take em all out...he said I was healing so well it would be better to have em out. So I have about 12 steri-strips...I am hoping I won't get blisters.... Afterwards Dr. W said he wanted to see my in 4 weeks instead of 5-6 since I am losing so quickly. So my next appointment is...Thursday Oct. 7th @ 4:45.... Derek asked him if I could have mashed potatoes and gravy and he said yes, by all means yes.....just have extra gravy....LOL extra gravy...UM OK. He said I can have anything....as long as it can be a milk shake form....except rice and noodles...and sugar....he said don't drink juice unless it's sugar free....or it's like shooting yourself in the foot....I am and always have been a sugar free girl...unless it's chocolate cake.... anyway....that's that.......I am off to start my Christams shopping. Have a good day all.
Tammy _.
on 9/10/04 4:39 am - Puyallup, WA
Wow, Rachael, I am so impressed!! That is 25 pounds in one week. All of that walking is paying off........ Go, Rachael, it's your birthday!!!!! lol Congrats, Tammy
pat9047
on 9/10/04 5:06 am - CO
Well, I was expecting to here you shrieking all the way over here and now I find out it wasn't too bad. I am so disappointed NOT..... GOTCHA!!!! Glad it turned out well.
Dan G.
on 9/10/04 10:07 am - spokane, wa
wow 25lb in one week !!! good going !!!!
ncarter11
on 9/10/04 10:50 am - Edmonds, WA
WOW!!! That is fab-u-lous! 25lbs!! I know it's b/c of how you make that treadmill work! Congrats, Rachael! Nan
Cori T.
on 9/10/04 11:17 am - Neah Bay, WA
Wow, congrats on your weight loss, you're awesome! Hey, my next appt. w/Dr. Weber is on the 7th too, at 2:15 though.
vanessam
on 9/11/04 2:51 am
Rachael, I am glad to hear that everything went and is going well! I sure hope that everything progresses nicely and it sounds like your biggest fan is a VERY active part of your recovery ! Best of luck to you for your continued success! ~Vanessa
karenyt
on 9/11/04 2:55 am - Renton, WA
25 lbs is more than I can count on all my fingers and toes at once!! WOW!! I'm going to the losing side next week on Wednesday 09-15-2004 and It's great to have this web site to help. I'm scared and excited. I love reading all the posts from others and getting responses too. Take it easy, keep your walking, and god bless!! Karen Thompson
Most Active