Starbucks??

Tanja Y
on 9/9/04 5:01 am - Wahiawa, HI
I belong to a group of military wives who get together for coffees/playgroups. The next one is going to start at Starbucks so us grown ups can get a fix and then go to McDonalds for the kids to play. I know there's nothing I can have or want at McDonalds.......but doesn't Starbucks have sugar free/ fat free stuff? I don't 'do' normal coffee, but I love their fraps. I havn't been to Starbucks in a while, it's one of the things I cut out when I was trying to loose weight pre-op. And now I can't remember IF they carry stuff I can have. Anybody know? If I have to I'll just take my handy dandy bottle of Propel......it goes with me everywhere anyway. But I would really like something from there if they have something I can have. ~Tanja
christied
on 9/9/04 5:35 am
Starbucks does have stuff you can have. I do Starbucks way more frequently than is financially prudent! have fun! I wish there was such a group over here Bangor-way!
Rachael E.
on 9/10/04 4:32 am
We are stationed at Bangor.....
Chrissy P.
on 9/9/04 8:40 am - Federal Way, WA
Just tell the baristas what you need, and they'll make suggestions. They have fat-free and sugar-free choices. A decaf frappacino may be good. I haven't had my surgery yet, so watch out for the sugar. If you ask, they'll help! I am a Starbucks junkie who just successfully weened myself off caffeine 2 weeks ago in anticipation of my surgery. It was tough, but I did it, and it is one of a whole strin of tough things we all do in order to successfully do this surgery!
karenyt
on 9/11/04 2:11 am - Renton, WA
I'm glad you asked this question, because I love Starbucks fraps and I just "assumed" it would be a total no-no after surgery. I will ask the barista about non-caffein, non-sugar, non-fat items and see what they say!! It would be great to be able to still enjoy even a limited selection of Starbucks items after surgery. My Open RNY is scheduled this Wednesday 09-15-2004 at WISH Center Renton and I am getting really excited and nervous!! Karen Thompson
Most Active