Back from Nashville and stopped at the airport.

calvoso
on 9/9/04 2:22 am - My hometown, WA
I went to Nashville to see my girlfriend this weekend and when I fly back through LA I showed my Drivers License with my picture on it to get through security. The lady looked at the License and then back at me. She said I'm sorry sir, but this isn't you. Please step through this line. I had to go to the "special room" and go through the wand treatment. They asked me a bunch of questions all because I hadn't got a new picture on my drivers license since I've lost the 325 lbs. I have always kind of enjoyed the second looks people would give me when they'd look at the license and then at me, but I don't anymore. Hearing the postive comments from people was always very gratifying for me after so many years of being shy and obese. After about 30 minutes they were satisfied and let me get on my flight home to Spokane. Lesson learned for me. Time to get a new photo on my license. At least this time I can tell the truth about my weight instead of lying about it. I guess it's time to get rid of the old picture and realize that guy isn't me anymore. Calvin
sassy
on 9/9/04 2:55 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
ohhh boy can i relate to this one, but not from my size, from my hair.... i had to butch my hair about 2 years ago, and i had lost my military id and had to get a new one, well me and dh had been into it since i had cut my hair, so we werent in the best of moods, especially since it was 7 am. so i get this mean looking picture with my new butch hair cut, and went about my way. well since then my hair has grown soooo much, it is down my back already. when i went through the gate i had my hair down and primped and looking really cute, and i was in an awesome mood, smiling at everyone, and when i handed the security guy my id, and he keeps looking back and forth at me and the picture, so finally he says, i'm not sure if this is you, coz it kinda looks like it could be, but remind me not to make you mad just in case it is you lol i just started cracking up lol and yes, i got a new id lol
calvoso
on 9/9/04 3:11 am - My hometown, WA
Renee, Very funny and congrats on your surgery. Calvin
Cori T.
on 9/9/04 3:55 am - Neah Bay, WA
sorry you had a hassle but what a great story!
Rachael E.
on 9/9/04 4:07 am
Glad to hear you're back...I hope you had a great time with your lady. Any plan in the future to get hitched??? It would be so hard to be so far away from her....
calvoso
on 9/9/04 4:14 am - My hometown, WA
Rachael, I had a great time this weekend. We had an amazing time. She was everything I'd hoped and so much more. As far as plans go you just never know, but I will say this that for the first time in my life I see the possibilities. Being away from her is by far the hardest thing now. We'll see what the next year brings. Calvin
Tanja Y
on 9/9/04 5:20 am - Wahiawa, HI
I can't even imagine not lying about my weight on my DL I lied on my first one and on every once ever since! But I can relate I came thru the gate (Ft. Lewis) the other day and they were wanting to see 2 forms of ID from the driver. Well my DL picture and my ID picture look nothing alike. I thought for a few seconds they wern't going to let me thru. He kept looking at my ID's and then at me. He finally passed us thru, but not until several cars got behind us in line. And welcome back from your trip Calvin, glad you had a good time! ~Tanja
imagrama
on 9/9/04 11:17 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Yup!! It's time to get rid of the old picture. THAT guy isn't you anymore on the outside but I'm sure the inside guy is still the same!! Good luck on your future journey with your lady. You deserve it. Sue
Most Active