Return to work

awidick
on 9/9/04 1:21 am - Spanaway, WA
Can anyone tell me approximately how long the recovery time is. I want Dr Weber to do my surgery and I am just now going to his orientation on the 13th. I do taxes so come January I will need to go up and down stairs atleast every 30 minutes, and I work 6 days a week 13 hour days. Can you please tell me how long it took to return to full work? Arlene
calvoso
on 9/9/04 1:43 am - My hometown, WA
Arlene, I had an open RNY in Feb of 03 and I was back to work part time in 3 weeks and full time in 4. Your body will tell you when you're well enough to work. Honestly, I could have went back part time in 2 weeks, but I had the time off so it wasn't so bad. Good luck to you. Calvin
awidick
on 9/9/04 2:12 am - Spanaway, WA
Thanks Calvin, I've been reading your messages and profile-your looking great. Arlene
calvoso
on 9/9/04 2:23 am - My hometown, WA
Thanks Arlene for the compliment. It has been a great year and one I wouldn't change for anything. I tried to look at your profile and all I saw was a blank page. Good luck to you. Calvin
awidick
on 9/9/04 2:45 am - Spanaway, WA
Isn't that awful...........I'm one of those shy one's. I don't know what to say. Arlene
calvoso
on 9/9/04 2:53 am - My hometown, WA
Don't be shy Arlene we are all friends here. I started off just talking about all the problems I was having with my insurance and going through denial after denial. I knew it wouldn't help me, but it I thought maybe it would help another pre-op someday. Talk about your success, failures or observations in your journey. Read some other profiles and you will see what we all talked about pre-op. Most of us talk about all the diets we tried and failed at and the health problems we were having. For me it was hard to write some of those things, but I'm glad I did now for I can go back now and remember what life was like for me just a year and a half ago. I'm glad you're on the board. Good luck and let us know how your journey is going. Calvin
Most Active