scared...

Rachael E.
on 9/8/04 4:28 pm
I am kind of scared to get my staples out tomorrow..Derek keeps telling me.it doesn't hurt at all....but I remember how good it felt to get them out after I had the twins...not so great. I think my c-section was worse by far then my RNY....of course I had just had two babies....and I was running on no sleep and I felt like a dairy cow. My incision was much worse then too...it was under my "flap"...ya know my "twin skin"...yuck! I am also not looking forward to seri-strip blisters...the glue they put the steri's on with give me blisters...they're pain frr, but they leak a lot and I won't be able to sleep on my tummy for that much longer...and I am almost there...I laid on my tummy today and didn't feel a thing...I just got scared I would feel something. OK...I know you guys don't enjoy reading my posts.....so I think I should write some e-mails instead...
Tanja Y
on 9/8/04 4:53 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I took some of my pain meds before I got my staples removed. I could tell just by looking at some of them that they were gonna hurt coming out. I've had 3 c-sections so I knew in advance that even tho everyone says it doesn't it, that a couple of them would. I was so glad to get them ou too. Just felt better, even after they glued those dang steri-strips down. I think that bugged me more then the staples. Good luck at the docs tomorrow! Don't forget, wear light clothes and shoes for the scale........lol! The nurse who weighed me today suggested twice I take off my shoes....but I've weighed with the big ole clunkers everytime so I left them on. ~Tanja
Rachael E.
on 9/9/04 4:13 am
Yeah, I am thinking about what to wear...LOL...You crack me up. Gosh dang girl you're doing GREAT with your weight loss! WAY TO GO!! Be proud..be very proud!
calvoso
on 9/9/04 1:48 am - My hometown, WA
Rachael, After all you've been through already I can't believe you're worried about the staples. You were so brave about the surgery. It doesn't hurt at all and you'll be glad when they're gone. Congratulations on being on the other side of loosing now. Calvin
Rachael E.
on 9/9/04 4:06 am
Yeah, I guess you're right....I just am a little nevous...
Cori T.
on 9/9/04 3:50 am - Neah Bay, WA
I love reading your posts! Please don't stop posting! I always get good info/ideas from you! Can they do some sort of numbing of the area before removing the staples? How come we need steri strips, or is that because you're not the full 10 days out? When mine come out on Fri, it'll be a full 10 days. Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Most Active