ACK

Cori T.
on 9/8/04 9:04 am - Neah Bay, WA
ok, someone talk me down from over stressing. Today I seemed to notice a lot more hunger. I was worried something was wrong, whipped out my nutritional booklet and saw this sentence that I forgot about..........blaring at me. "As your physical condition improves, so will your ability to drink faster. "Do not do this" I realize I probably have been drinking liquids faster, especially a cup of coffee I had yesterday and today am. Went down sooo easy. So now I'm terrified I stretched my self out and that's why I'm hungry. SHouldn't it take repeated "abuse" to actually stress? ugh, it's SOOOO hard to take 5 min. to drink liquids!
JustHat
on 9/8/04 3:48 pm - NM
I doubt you have stretched our pouch out. What I suspect is that your feeling better and food is looking a whole lot better to you. So, "head hunger" is kicking in. So, your brain makes you think you are hungery. And, then your brain makes you feel worried about being hungery. I suggest turning off your brain.
Cori T.
on 9/9/04 3:40 am - Neah Bay, WA
great idea, only, where's my brain switch? LOL thanks for answering. I think I figured it out. I see where some people say they were told not to drink coffee. No one told me that, but I'm wondering if the caffeine effected my appetite in some way?
Chrissy P.
on 9/10/04 5:15 am - Federal Way, WA
Oh yeah, all my research says that caffeine is a big no-no! It is a duiretic (sp?), which makes you dehydrated, which makes you want to drink more and faster, which makes you hungry. Plus, it stimulates your appetite. When you said coffee at first, I assumed you meant decaf. Best to switch to that. Let us know if you've found the culprit in caffeine, or if you keep having this problem. Ever-curious, less than a month to go, Chris
Cori T.
on 9/10/04 11:19 am - Neah Bay, WA
another thing I figured out. The day I had the coffee and I also had a yogurt. All sweetened w/Aspartame. I've heard that can cause hunger problems in people too. Anyone else hear that?
JustHat
on 9/10/04 3:25 pm - NM
I have heard that. The news article was talking about not drinking diet sodas while you are dieting. The theory is that you get a taste of something sweet and your body responds by demanding more. Its a little more complicated than that, but that is the jest of it. BTW, have you tried Splenda? It is the only artificial sweetener I have used for the last 2 years. Hat
Most Active