6 week check-up

Tanja Y
on 9/8/04 8:26 am - Wahiawa, HI
Total weight loss~~76 pounds. Doc was very happy with my progress and already mentioned me getting on the list for a tummy tuck. Since we won't be in Washington when I get to goal I thought I'd just have to have it in Hawaii but he said the army would fly me back here if I wanted it done at Madigan. Gonna have to talk to dh about that. Said I could take ibuprofen for pain in my knees, as long as I didn't try to take what my PCP perscribed for me which is 800 miligrams 3 times a day. Said I should just buy a bottle of 200 miligrams and only take them when I really needed them. If I did it sparingly it shouldn't cause me any problems. I go back in October for a whole bunch of blood work but Dr. E said I looked great and seemed to be doing really well. ~Tanja
Cori T.
on 9/8/04 8:58 am - Neah Bay, WA
Wow, congrats on your weight loss!!
lightlyspice
on 9/8/04 9:10 am - Oak Grove, KY
That is great Tanja, and congratulations on your weight lose. I love hawaii! We lived there for 4yrs. and I would love to go back for our next overseas tour.
JustHat
on 9/8/04 3:57 pm - NM
Tanja, you are amazing. You are doing so well that you could be the poster child for WLS. The heck with Carnie. Your the star. I am so glad I can be around to hear about your success. So, is everyone noticing? How many sizes are you down? And, now do you pronounce your name? WTG! Hat
Tanja Y
on 9/8/04 4:46 pm - Wahiawa, HI
It's funny you say it's amazing, I was a little disappointed when I stepped off the scale today. Could have swore I lost 25 pounds.......but oh well 21 is more then I could have ever lost on my own in 5 months, let alone 3 weeks. Some people are noticing, others just look at me weird like they think somethings different but not sure what. My clothes.....don't seem to be going down sizes. They're just really loose. A few of my pants are really really loose, I walk around hiking them up constantly. I can get into some things I havn't been able to in a while, but no drastic size differences. But I no longer have to stretch out any of my shirts, even the few I shrunk on accident! Those fit perfectly and since they shrunk I have no idea what size they are now. While I was moaning about it to my sister tonight on the phone she gently reminded me that I very rarely buy new clothes and those that I have have stretched out....so while they may be a size 26/28 they were stretched out to a bigger size and that if I went and bought new pants I'd have to get a smaller size. Hopefully she's right. ~Tanja.......pronounced Tonya
ncarter11
on 9/9/04 1:43 am - Edmonds, WA
WOW! WOW! WOW! Did I say WOW!?!?!?! Congrats on your weightloss. I think you'll be surprised when you finally do go shopping! Blessings, nan WOW!
Most Active