i got in trouble :(

sassy
on 9/7/04 3:28 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i got in big trouble with my surgeon. big. like my dad lecturing me big. (you know the hurry up and beat me already please lectures... but he never does and you go away pouting and crying even harder than if he had beat you) he says, what have you been doing, and dont lie to me because i know when people are lying.... so i told him the truth... since i have been out i have been cooking and cleaning dishes and starting laundry, walking up my stairs, went grocery shopping...(this is where he stops me and says say no more) then he asked about pain meds, i said, i havent had anything in 3 days because of the baby, i have to be awake and this stuff really knocks me full swinging. he looks at me, (now dr watts is the sweetest man) with the firmest face he can give (he is always smiling) and says, you are not superwoman, and you will take your pain medication if i have to watch you take it myself. (i am thinking... ohhhhh kayyyyy) and you need to let the house go a few days so your body can heal. then he asks me (while pulling my drain tube) about my eating... ya know, don't peeve off a man while he is pulling your drain tube out... he says, how much have you had to eat today... i showed him my little water bottle with about 4 sips taken out... he pulls.... i yell... he says, i need you to do your deep breathing excersises so this wont hurt so bad. so i did, and he is pulling harder and its hurting more and more, and i start crying, he gives one final yank, and its out, and thats all he could take coz i was a bawling and he says... i will send in a nurse to pull your staples, come back in a week, and take your pain meds... and walks out the door. *sigh* so in comes this old little bitty grandma black lady who is just as sweet as she could be and i wanted to ask her for cookie recipes, coz she is so darn cute, and she says, i hear you need your staples out... well i will get it done for you. so she gets all her equipment and stuff and starts yanking, and she says, now that dont hurt, stop squirming. (yeah right lady, you are loosing your charm) so then she got a couple really ouchie wow wow ones, and i wanted to cry, so she stops for a minute, rubs my hand which is now pulling the skin off of my face, and starts talking to me about kaylee and everything, so she gained back some charm, until she hit the belly button... that lady was fixing to get whooped up on, coz that stuff aint no joke, and shes pinching my flab while yanking out these staples, and i'm crying and hollering, and she says i aint hurting you that bad so hush... she says.. i've only got two left... so she gets the one, and she said oh i guess i'm done after all, now that wasn't so bad was it... so i sit up, she gives me her best grandma smile (i was waiting for a cookie) and she gives me a hug and i decided she could live another day lol that was my staple experience... all i can say is... dont peeve off your surgeon coz he has secret weapons hidden in the back.... lol okay you can stop laughing now ....... lol
talkingkatz
on 9/7/04 5:56 pm - Maple Valley, WA
BAD GIRL! You aren't supposed to be WORKING for crying out loud! Take some of those pain meds, grab some Crystal light lemonade and watch a movie, girl!!!! How often do you get to sit around and do that?!!!! Dang, no wonder your tummy hurts. CHILL and avoid the pain!!
pat9047
on 9/8/04 12:16 am - CO
You do have to rest more. The world will not end if your house is not spotless. Your husband can pick up slack in grocery shopping and cooking. You will still be a "good" Mom if you rest up and regain your health. Recovery will take longer if you don't rest. Kaylee needs a healthy mom not a spotless house.
ncarter11
on 9/8/04 2:22 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey, Renee! I'm just popping in to let you know that I have been reading your posts, but have been swamped with work and not able to reply as I'd like to. Short and sweet would have been better than not at all. Anyway - you are so witty and smart in your writing! Thank you sooooooooo much for all the gory details about how your recovery has been. You know how helpful it is to those of us still waiting for our day. You are an inspiration and I am sooooooo glad you are here sharing with us. Continue to rest as best as you can. I know how hard it is with little ones. Trytrytry to give your body time to heal. God bless and keep you and, literally, give you rest! Nan
RichardWash
on 9/8/04 4:11 am
- Nice story, when i had my staples out the lady let me pull half of them out myself, what can i say I liked it... hahhahaha
Cori T.
on 9/8/04 6:13 am - Neah Bay, WA
Yikes, now you have me fretting over my staple removal on Fri and I'll have had them in longer than you...more chance of them hurting even more. I'll make sure and take a pill beforehand. Luckily, my hubby is driving me into Port Angeles. Wouldn't want to drive that Looooooooooooong, windy drive while on Percocet! and young lady, YOU REST! I keep forcing myself to take it easy, I know it's hard, but you gotta do it!
JustHat
on 9/8/04 3:26 pm - NM
Renee isn't listening to you or her doc or me or or or. She did more housework today that I did. I was thinking of getting her to come and live with me.
Chanise D.
on 9/8/04 6:45 am - Lakewood, WA
Okay Girl...you are too funny... I have been reading and not posting because this class I am taking is whipp'n my but...But your stories always cracks me up.....I hope I don't get grand mama when and if I get it done...she sounds like a bear...
Most Active