Surgery count down - 8 days more!!

karenyt
on 9/7/04 10:06 am - Renton, WA
My Open RNY gastric-bypass is scheduled for 09-15-2004 and I am getting excited, nervous, looking forward to this, wanting to avoid this, hungry, can't eat, a whole mixture of strange feelings!! My pastor called today and will come visit me next Wednesday or Thursday in hospital and this really brought it all home. Next Tuesday at this time I'll be in the midst of the "cleansing ritual" which we undergo prior to surgery. I know people have said I'm full of it ... but now I'm going to get to say "I am not!!" and really mean it!! Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I'm here, I'm in need of continuing support, and I really enjoy this web site. My Doctors are WISH Center, Renton and both Dr. Strain and Dr. A will have their hands in me, literally speaking!! I toured the bariatric center yesterday, have all my prescriptions ready to take and have planned out my finale dinner with spouse. We are going to a wedding on Saturday for a friend from work and then we'll dance ... eat ... dance some more ... and have lots of fun, I hope!! Sunday I plan lunch at the Olive Garden near Southcenter and Monday I'm taking it easy with food, to be ready for my big days starting Tuesday purge!! Take Care all, and talk more later. Karen Thompson Open RNY 09-15-2004 Coming Fast a a race horse now!!
Tammy _.
on 9/7/04 2:16 pm - Puyallup, WA
Yahoo... you are so close now. I am so happy for you. Glad to hear that you have your pastor and family supporting you. Best wishes, Tammy
Chrissy P.
on 9/8/04 2:08 am - Federal Way, WA
How exciting! You're a couple of weeks ahead of me; I'll have open RNY with Dr. Strain on October 7th! Mind if I come visit you sometime after your surgery at the WISH Center? We're "Strain sisters." Enjoy those "last suppers."
karenyt
on 9/8/04 9:58 am - Renton, WA
I'd love to have you come visit. You know where I'll be and you can tour the place for yourself then too!! Be sure and remind me who you and I both are in case I'm groggy...I'm not rude, sometimes just being doped up does that!! Karen Thompson
Most Active