that smell....

sassy
on 9/5/04 8:38 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
personally i was laughing at hat box when she kept talking about that smell she cant find to get rid of. its that hospital smell. i wash, i brush my teeth numerous times in a day, and i can still smell it. its driving me crazy that i can not get rid of it either. i guess it doesnt matter how many sponge baths you take or how much perfume you spray, and believe me, i am perfume happy... i still smell it, and i still think i stink. i realllllyyyyy smell it when i pee. but i cant keep that from happening. i made the mistake of bringing home a pillow from the hospital, because it is enbedded in the pillow. its everywhere.... also food makes me wretch. i treated my husband to some home made steak tacos and pico de gallo and i had to keep stopping myself from wretching. i can't handle peanut butter either. mark had a soda, which i was fine with, kaylee had her cheetos, coz shes the cheetos kid, which i was fine with but when i smelled the peanut butter in the candy bar he had i wanted to kill him. i asked him not to eat it in front of me, and though he didnt get it, he did it, but when he returned, all i could smell was that candy bar. i thought i was flipping out, but when he made kaylee a pb&j sandwich i flipped out again. i had to leave the room and with a purpose. and to hear someone crunching on chips or something, drives me batty. i agreed to make mark home made pico de gallo, since it is one of his favorites, but while he was crunching away, i was looking for ways to hide the chips when he was done. i can tell he went to the commissary with me, because i dont buy junk food, but mark has really stocked up. i guess he wants to get all the licks in that he can since i can hardly move to beat him lol he is leaving on wednesday for a month, so i am kinda in a pickle, i havent been released to drive yet since i am still on my pain meds, and even though people have offered to take kaylee, if i am left alone, and something happens to me, nobody will be there to help me. i have a question too... i need creative ways to wash my hair. i got a "hooker" bath tonight on the side of the tub and while i feel very refreshed, my head is driving me crazy because i am so scared of getting something wet or stretching something. i was even thinking about going to like fantastic sams or super cuts or something and let them wash my hair for me, but i figured that might get costly after a while, let a lone weird. so now i am going to visit my couch. i napped pretty well on it this afternoon, but i swore to mark i was going to sleep in the car, i was so comfy after we went to the px today that i stayed in the car while he went to the gym, and was completely pain free, and so cozy i zonked and never realized he was gone over half an hour. he did scare the bejesus out of me when he got back in tho, guess i forgot where i was i was sleeping so soundly. i fell asleep in the bed earlier, and again, was pain free and cozy, but when mark came in wanting to go to bed too, i had to move since i was hogging the bed. then he kicked himself, he said he should have just been a gentleman and slept on the couch since i looked so peaceful and cozy. oh well too late now, i am back to the couch. hey did anyone get rules about stairs? i know it hurts to go up and down them, but as far as staples go, was anyone told anything? okay i really am shutting up now, but input would be great. you guys are awesome, even if you dont realize it yet. ok, drugs have offically set in, its time to go... buh byeeeeeeee
Rachael E.
on 9/6/04 2:32 am
Why can't you shower yet? Derek was able to shower while he was in the hospital...I showered on Saturday AM....???
talkingkatz
on 9/6/04 8:22 am - Maple Valley, WA
You are soooo funny! I want some of those pain pills! Almost feel like we're there - your writing is so good and so expressive. Haven't had the surgery yet, but heard from both docs that showers were allowed on the 3rd day after surgery (open RNY). Does anybody get told to use hydrogen peroxide on the incision? Have heard it is too harsh on the skin/incision and then I've heard it should be used. Hard to know. Also, am wondering about the stairs since will have to deal with a few stairs, too.
RichardWash
on 9/6/04 3:37 pm
- Showered and was told to use something called hiboclens or something that was a very good anti bacterial that cleaned my wound NICELY!
sassy
on 9/6/04 8:55 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
okay, just so you don't think i am sitting here stewing in my own funky brew lol i have showered, me and mark take saran wrap and medical tape (since he's medical and all) and rig up a shield over my wound and my we tape down my j tube and i dont look at the shower with my belly, i look away or at the side that i am cleaning, so i dont get anything wet. i have been using my stairs, and i have been attempting to sleep in my own bed, mark props me up with a bunch of pillows and i am normally good until mother nature calls at 3am then i am throwing pillows because i am in so much pain and cant hardly stand to breathe let alone move. i have either 41 or 43 (i forgt which he said) staples, and they go into my navel. owwwchieeee no wonder i cant move. 13 inches of metal staples and a drain tube, and talk about help me up. it hurts so bad when i have to yawn or couch even when i use a pillow. maybe i am just a big crybaby, but i decided i am not just going to sit on the couch anymore, i have to start getting things for myself. otherwise i will never get what i really want. like tonight i asked for some crystal lite lemonade and was brought tea. oh well i didnt say too much i was glad to have something with a little flavor somewhere. then i got curious and called madigan, i said, i had my surgery on tuesday, when was i supposed to start my full liquids, the guy wanting to laugh says, well hun, you should have started when you left here... gee thanks buddy, nice time to tell me this... ive been sucking down so much water and chicken broth and apple juice i am about to float away. will the pain ease up after the staples and drain tube are gone??? someone please lie and say yes lol i am so sore i am cranky and everyone knows, i am not a cranky person. i am fixing to grab a pair of needle nose pliers and see what i can do myself, but thats not the smarted thing in the world to be doing. okay, i am off to the couch. talk to you guys later. buh byeee
Tanja Y
on 9/7/04 11:20 am - Wahiawa, HI
Did the doc tell you to cover your incision when showering? I didn't mine, but then that's me. LOL Once your staples are out they'll glue down steri-strips and you can shower normally. Or that's how Dr. E had me do. Yes, once the staples and drain tube are gone you'll feel better. My staples came out first and then a week later the drain tube.....no matter how much begging and attempts of bribery could convince them to take the drain out when they did the staples. My incision curves around my belly button and that was the area that healed the quickest......scar already fading compared to the rest. Having staples going thru it sounds really painful. Oh, and before you go to get your staples out take some pain meds. I'm not saying it hurts.....but not all of them feel good coming out. ~Tanja
sassy
on 9/7/04 3:17 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i am going to hurt you lol i had my stuff pulled today and could have used this warning prior to lol
Cori T.
on 9/8/04 6:05 am - Neah Bay, WA
>>Did the doc tell you to cover your incision when showering?
Cori T.
on 9/8/04 6:08 am - Neah Bay, WA
hey, how come parts of my posts are deleting? anyway, my Dr. told me I could scrup my zipper w/soap on day 3!
Most Active