wheres that pain push button when ya really need it???

sassy
on 9/5/04 12:14 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
oh my goodness, on a pain level 0-10 i am an 8 right now. my brainiac self decided to walk upstairs, all 15 of them (and of course back down them right now) and try to sleep in my bed last night. as soon as i laid in the bed, i knew it was going to be a long night. i woke myself and mark up having a coughing fit, not sure what time that was, but i was so sore i couldnt get up... then i just had to force myself out of my bed. that crazy crap hurts people!!! nothing sounded better than snuggling next to mark in our own bed, and as long as he laid super close with his arm around me to hold meup and in, i was good, not a care in the world, but when he fell hard asleep and rolled over and dropped me like a smashed bug, ohhhhhhhh owieeeeee.... i decided to try to suck it up for a few more hours, and now mr butt crack of dawn has cheerfully woke me up... and i was on my belly.... that or i slept all the pain meds off and my body said HAYYYYYY A LITTLE HELP OVER HERE!!! lol oh man.... i had napped on the couch today, which was super cozy until it came time to get up, which since i have one of those, i am so cozy i swallow you up couches, i cant get up by myself yet. so now since nobody warned me about this... i am warning all pre-ops... unless you have one of those trapese thingys above your bed (and i'm not gonna ask) your butt will probably end up on the couch... so now since i am waiting on my pain meds to kick back in, i need to drain my tube and heat up a few teaspoons of broth so i can eat. hope everyone has a good day, and think of me when you go to get up, coz i need help up!! lol
Hilda R.
on 9/5/04 1:05 am - Bucoda, WA
Renee, sorry to hear you had such a rough night. Didn't anyone suggest you sleep in a recliner the first week? I did, and it felt so much better. Well, acctually, I did try my bed the first night back (on my side only) and in the middle of the night, my lower incision leaked so bad, my husband had to change the bedding. After that I did the recliner thing, and it did work much better. Also, the straighter backed the chair is, the more comfortable it is, believe me. And not to sound like a mother hen here, bu****ch the stairs thing, you need to be taking it easy, all those things will come soon enough. Good luck to you, take care, and hears wishing you rest tonight. Hilda
lightlyspice
on 9/5/04 3:07 am - Oak Grove, KY
Yeah I have read on some of the profiles that a recliner is a post-op best friend. I plan on having one at that time, just in case. Congrats on your surgery and may God bless you to have a speedy recovery. Take it easy.
RichardWash
on 9/5/04 4:17 am
- I bought a Futon the day i got home and realized i was SO UNCOMFORTABLE, the worst part is since i am alone i had to put the thing together... it took me all day because of the pain. - Once my futon was together I was so comfortable I just took pain meds and slept and sipped on cream of wheat with protein powder and drank water all day lol, comfort is your best friend post op!
latzylove
on 9/5/04 5:26 am - Tacoma, WA
Renee, You should get a recliner. I went and rented one at those rent to own places. We will keep it for about a month. I was very uncomfortable sleeping when I got home and I had mine laproscopic. I can only imagine how hard it is to lay down in a flat bed. I am so glad to hear your surgery went well. I missed you those few days Let me know if you need anything. O I forgot to tell you the fist 4 days or so that I was home I set my alarm clock to wake up and take pain meds.Take care and I'm praying for you. God Bless, Latzy
Cori T.
on 9/7/04 4:38 am - Neah Bay, WA
gosh {{{hugs}}} Hope your pain is becoming more managable! Makes me feel guilty that hardly have any. Now when I sneeze,that's another story!
Most Active