Look what the cat drug in lol

sassy
on 9/4/04 11:10 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Hello all, just wanted to pop in while I am still stoned out of my mind and pain free to say thank you so much for all the well wishes and prayers and web hugs. I was really touched when Hat gave me the papers she had printed from here, it is nice to know I am missed when I am gone. It was like getting birthdays cards from family only it wasnt my birthday, but you guys are still my family. Anyways, I have so many funny stories but I will post them all later. I will keep this one short. I am falling asleep while typing since my drugs are so awesome. Take care you guys, and thanks again for loving me so much! ((((super big (but really gentle) webbie hugs))))
JustHat
on 9/4/04 12:56 pm - NM
Just a quick note from me. I have been out all day and am on my way back out. But first, I have to tell you the Crazy Lady story. Yesterday I sat and visited with Renee in the hospital. It is amazing how easy she is to talk to and how time flies. Even when she wasn't doped up, she had me laughing. You should have seen her sprint when she got near the food cart when we were walking. Anyway, I knew she was doing so well that they were going to throw her out today. We had a block party today. And, as usual, I waited until the last minute to buy what I was going to take. You can imagine my surprise when I ran in to none other than our just realeased Renee at the grocery store. Now that IS the meaning of tough. I wouldn't even get off the couch to answer the phone when I got out. But, she is out there fighting with just about everyone on base at the store. It was packed. But, she had a smile on her face and was shopping away. She is truely amazing with enough crazy thrown in to make her really interesting. ~~Hat~~
Tanja Y
on 9/4/04 1:44 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Renee it's so great to see you back on the outside! LOL I feel kinda bad, I had every intention to swing by and see you........but I really and truely dislike hospitals. Which is funny considering I've spent plenty of time at Madigan here in the last month or so. So tell us all, how do you feel? Did you get the cute trio of male nurses in ICU? How many times did they offer you sf orange jello? Did you get to meet the cute resident Dr. E has? How's your incision? How long do you get to keep your drainage tube? (don't you just hate it?) Come on.....you gotta tell all. ~Tanja
sassy
on 9/4/04 3:29 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
the cute icu guys were invisible to me as i was so stoned out of my mind all i remember is two blue blurs, couldn't tell you what gender they were... so i missed that part. i had women residents, both truley caring individuals whom i got to know quite well. susan and rachel. this could be that maybe they were on dr watts team. my incision is right around 12 inches and my tube should be gone wednesday. everytime i look at it i get the urge to heave, but i know i can't. i got the orange jello everytime they brought me my tray, and sorry to admit, i have two cups of it in my fridge. for dinner tonight i had a two teaspoons of reduced fat reduced sodium chicken broth, and a sugar free orange cream sicle which is better than the biggest chocolate cake i could lie eyes on right now. smells make me nasueas. bbq sauce, big no-go. as well as hamburgers. the left over food tray cart in the hall way about got wretched in everytime i walked, well jogged past. i ended up having a bad coughing fit next to it with my dh walking by my side and about scared him to death. i have been being kinda brave and trying some fruit juice on for size, but its more like 1/4 juice 3/4 water. so colored water, i hardly get to taste it, but i will admit i am so scared to death of dumping or overeating. i kept getting in trouble with my nurses because my daily in take was averageing about 4 oz. total. today has been awesome, i have filled my 8 oz water chug thingy twice, and i got to eat 3 bites of jello instead of two. i think my pouch can handle more than i am crediting myself for, i am just not brave enough to push my luck. i can not say thank you enough to hat box, she has really been looking out for me, and she even stood guard to make sure i downed my protien before she would leave. she really shocked my husband too, he was amazed how much somone on the computer would care for me and walk me through things every step of the way. although, he and i met in a chat room.... thats another story tho... i am going to close this one up for now, my back is killing me and my pain meds are wasting away. it's time for another dose. take care everyone, and i will post later, probably tomarrow, i am going to wait until my pain meds kick in and hike up stairs and try to sleep in my own bed tonight. oh yeah, i lost 8 pounds in the hospital, which puts me at 371. yeayyyy!!
Kimanne B
on 9/4/04 3:30 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Reneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (HUGSSSSSSS) *gentle ones of course* How the heck are you girlie?? I've read that you're doing pretty good!! Grocery shoppin' so early, you silly girl Glad to see you're out and doing super great. When you feel a little better you'll have to share your hospital story with us *lol*... everyone has one ya know! LOL Take care sweetie, Love ya, Kimanne
sassy
on 9/5/04 12:25 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
okay... funny story #1... my first night in the hospital, and i was feeling pretty stoned, and feeling pretty brave, that i decided i wanted to sit up so i could socialize with my pastor and his wife. well, nobody had put any panties on me after my surgery, so all i had was my lovely 3 sizes too small hospital gown and my bedsheet which i had wrapped around me to get up. well, just as i got to my feet someone had ripped my bedsheet down, and full moon in washington was exposed.... i had mooned my pastor and his wife.... i couldnt get the word no out of my mouth quick enough, and thankfully they acted like it never happened. you remember on spongebob when they slow down the action and his mouth moves really slow and he is yelling noooooo.... yeah that was me reaching for my dropped bedsheet. i was so embarassed but really too stoned to care fully until the next day when they came by. so that is my first funny story, since it happened on day one. what a way to start off the week lol
karenyt
on 9/5/04 6:12 am - Renton, WA
Congratulations Renee on your "moonshine" experience...it can only get better from here, right? Anyway, it's great to have a sense of humor and I'm really glad to see you made it through so fast. I, on the other hand, plan to milk this relaxation out for a short while at least, knowing I must walk every hour or so anyway, but let my husband do the grocery shopping and taking care of kid (she's 10) for a while!! Enjoy your new health!@! Karen Thompson Open RNY 09-15-2004 Coming up to my big day soon!!!!
Most Active