problems with iron absorption?

Chrissy P.
on 9/2/04 7:54 am - Federal Way, WA
I have heard from several people that they are worried that I will have problems with iron absorption after the surgery, like if I bleed a lot. I thought that if I take my iron supplements, and eat foods rich in iron, that I should be OK. Does anyone have knowledge or experience with this issue? I will RNY in October, and I am trying to get all of the info that I possibly can. Thank you!
lightlyspice
on 9/3/04 2:03 am - Oak Grove, KY
I usually have problems keeping my iron up, but I started taking iron supplements. The last time I went for a check up the dr. said my iron was just right so it can work. I am always being told that I am an anemic. Let me know how it works out after your surgery. I have not had surgery yet and I wonder about that.
ALEOINIDAHO
on 9/4/04 8:48 pm - LEWISTON, ID
I AM IN MY 12TH MONTH AFTER SURGERY. PREVIOUSLY I HAD IRON PROBLEMS TOO. HOWEVER, THIS WILL SHOCK YOU. AFTER SURGERY I TOOK CHILDRENS CHEWABLE VITAMINS (NOT PLUS IRON) FOUR PER DAY FOR THE FIRST MONTH. THEN I SWITCHED TO THE PLUS IRON TYPE. I WANTED TO GIVE MYSELF A MONTH TO GET MY BOWL MOVEMENTS CORRECT. ANYWAY I STAYED ON B-12 SUBLINGUAL, CHEWABLE CALCIUM, AND 4 PLUS IRON CHEWABLE. I HAVE HAD BETTER IRON TESTS AND NORMAL IRON TEST EVERY TIME. MY TESTS HAVEN NOT BEEN THIS GOOD SINCE I WAS A WEE GAL OF 21. SO I THINK IF YOU EAT RIGHT AND TAKE VITAMINS YOU MAY BE VERY HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME. ALISON IN IDAHO -127
Most Active