I saw Renee

JustHat
on 9/1/04 2:10 pm - NM
(Since I am getting death threats, I thought I better hurry up and post an update. I won't name names on who was sending the treats. Let me just say, Good Luck tomorrow Rachael. You can go to bed now. ) She looks good! She went in for surgery at 8 yesterday morning and got out at 1. Everything when smoothly. She is up walking and sitting. The only problem so far is that her blood pressure is high. So, they are keeping an eye on it. When I showed up today, her husband was gone napping. So, we sat and chatted for about 45 minutes. We were on our way to take a walk when they came in to take her stats. That was closely followed by the nutritionist. Her room mate also had WLS. So, with me there were three of us and it was kind of like a small class. I couldn't stay for all of it or for the walk that we had planned because my kids have practice. But, I bet she had those nurses helping her out. She said they were treating her well. And, the nurse I did see seem nice even though she thought I was Renee's mom! Either Renee looks 16 or...I won't even say it. I like to believe that Renee looks 16. Oh and I met the doc that did her surgery. She said if she could have picked one, he was the one she would have picked. But, I can't remember his name. She said to tell everyone "Hi" and thank you all for the well wishes. She was very touched by your messages. They said she should be there about 5 days. So, I will be going back to visit her again.
Chanise D.
on 9/1/04 2:18 pm - Lakewood, WA
Thanks for the update..You are such a good Angel...I hope when I get an Angel..AND have my surgerey..I have an Angel as sweet as you.... Sometimes a smiling face when your sick makes you feel tons better even when you feel crappy..
JustHat
on 9/1/04 2:22 pm - NM
She is such a sweet person. And, I am really going to enjoy watching the new Renee emerge. Plus, I remember how wonderful it was to have a visitor and phone calls when I was in the hospital.
pat9047
on 9/2/04 1:00 am - CO
I am glad she is done with surgery and is on her road. Please keep us updated.
Tanja Y
on 9/2/04 4:48 am - Wahiawa, HI
I hope she's up and feeling great. Did she get cute male nurses in ICU? LOL That's what I remember most about ICU, cute male nurses who treated me like I should be treated, like a queen! LOL Sending cyber hugs to Renee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Tanja
Most Active