The Puree stage

lightlyspice
on 8/31/04 1:25 am - Oak Grove, KY
What do you all eat? I am so freaked out about this stage after surgery. Do you find recipes for this or do you just get through it or what? I just keep thinking of baby food. Please tell me how you get through this stage after surgery.
calvoso
on 8/31/04 1:34 am - My hometown, WA
Gloria, Oh the pureed stage. The worst stage of the after surgery diet. I wish I could be more positive about it. I actually had a lot of different things. Mash potatoes and gravy, pureed Dinty Moore Stew, SF Jello, SF pudding, some soups. There are a lot of things out there, just be sure that it is pureed very well. Good luck and jsut remember it doesn't last long and it's really not that bad since it is only short term. Good luck. Calvin
lightlyspice
on 8/31/04 1:54 am - Oak Grove, KY
Thanks Calvin, I will remember that when I go threw it, but the funny thing is I said that same thing about my labor with my kids, "the pain will only last for a short time then it will be over. It has been several years later and they still can cause me pain.
Tanja Y
on 8/31/04 3:58 am - Wahiawa, HI
I didn't really do a puree stage.........well not as much as I was suppose to I'm sure. I did the week of liquids no problem, then sorta shortened the puree stage on my own. I could only go so long eating mashed pots and cottage cheese. LOL Instead I bought soups and smushed that up a bit and ate that instead. At my 2 week check-up I admitted to the surgeon that I was eating stuff I probably shouldn't have and he didn't yell at me too much. I just couldn't do what one person suggested......eating baby food. There was no way!! I spent alot of time with a fork smashing food into itty bitty pieces....just couldn't do the blender. ~Tanja
Cat99
on 8/31/04 3:11 pm - Bremerton, WA
I had a VBG , but after seeing the doctor today he told me that I could eat just about anything i wanted as long as it was runny enough. As for mashed potatoes,he said no way unless they were very thin. Tonight for dinner I cooked roast pork with potatoes, carrots and celery and onions, in one of those brown in bags in the oven. When it was done the meat and allthe trimmings went in the blender and I added a little gravy and lots of the "au jus" liquid. It was like a thin soup, but it was yummy and I am sure that I got lots of protein. Topped that off with some choc pudding, (thinner than usual) and did just fine. No more mashed potatoes or refried beans for me until the soft stage!!!!
Most Active