The cost

JustHat
on 8/30/04 5:17 pm - NM
I got my TriWest explanation of benefits today. Swedish Medical Center billed TriWest $22,941.51. TriWest paid $9,319.49. My cost $0. That is a lot of money for 3 nights stay. I assume that Dr. W's bill still hasn't been paid. I am really interested in what the final billed amount and paid amounts will be.
Chanise D.
on 8/30/04 5:23 pm - Lakewood, WA
That's a lot of moolah... I wonder how come when I was getting quotes on the op...w/out insurance ( before I found out about the TRI Care way) I was told 28-45 thousand..... BTW did you ever get my e-mail of Questions??
JustHat
on 8/30/04 5:36 pm - NM
I had just signed back on and was going to answer it. But, you know how it is. I always check the boards first when I sign on. That's probably why I am always late sending emails.
calvoso
on 8/31/04 12:22 am - My hometown, WA
Oh the cost. Sounds like one of those American Express commercials. The cost of Gastric Bypass Surgery $28, 413.92 Blue Cross paid $0.00(I'm not bitter that they didn't help me) My cost of Gastric Surgery $28,412.92 How it makes me feel Priceless. Unfortuanentaly for me my insurance company wasn't much help. I'm glad you're having better luck with yours. Calvin
Tanja Y
on 8/31/04 4:09 am - Wahiawa, HI
I had surgery about a week before you did, and I still havn't gotten my letter from TriWest. I'm curious to see how much it cost. Maybe since I had surgery at Madigan they won't send me one? Who knows.....all I know is I'm really glad dh's insurance covered it. ~Tanja
Chrissy P.
on 8/31/04 11:23 am - Federal Way, WA
I am going to pay my way at the WISH Center, which will be about $23,000. I don't know whether it is discounted since I am paying for it (with a home equity loan). Of course, if I have complications or more days in the hospital, then I will have to pay more. I think that they inflate the cost for insurance billing. My insurance is Regence Blue Shield and they say NO WAY. I believe that it is worth paying for, since I have the means, for which I thank God.
Most Active