I am starting to dislike the main board.

calvoso
on 8/30/04 6:25 am - My hometown, WA
Well I have spent all morning talking with 2 people that were signing off of Obesity help because they got flamed on the main board by asking a question about the surgery. It got into a whole "My surgery is better than your surgery" bit between the RNY and the Lap Band. These two people were so upset about it that they were going to leave the board and never come back which would have taken away a great source of information for them. The surgery that is right for one person isn't necessarily the right surgery for the next person. I really wish people on the boards would try to be supportive and not tear down one surgery over the other. For myself I had the RNY, not because I hap anything against the lap, but because my insurance wouldn't cover it and my starting BMI was to high for the doctors to consider it. So for me the lap wasn't an option, but I know of quite a few post-ops that have been very successfull with it. I hope we can keep our state board positive and not get into the bickering here. I really enjoy the state board because there are so many very positive people here that can help each other. Well I'll get down off my soap box as I get ready to have lunch tomorrow with Tooter and Kiki. Should be fun. Calvin
Kimanne B
on 8/30/04 9:18 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
I agree Calvin. I have been slammed or flamed as you say on the main board twice. But I was vigilant and stood my ground assertively and did not bad mouth but merely explained. There are bad apples in every crowd, and on this site, the good far outweigh (no pun intended) the bad. I'm sorry that your two friends left, perhaps they will come back once emotions have settled down. I've said it a million times on the main board, people should feel comfortable here, no matter what question they ask... we get enough crap from the general public, we don't need it here too. Have fun tomorrow at lunch Calvin! I'm sure it will be a hoot Love God~ Kimanne
calvoso
on 8/31/04 12:05 am - My hometown, WA
Kimanne, Great to hear from you as always. It just got out of hand a little bit yesterday and some people were really on a soap box preaching the word of WLS. Normally I just ignore the negative remarks, but for some reason it just struck a chord yesterday. The two people I talked to yesterday will be back on the boards so we'll see what happens with them. Lunch will be fun. It's always great to meet others on the board. Calvin
Tammy _.
on 8/30/04 11:02 am - Puyallup, WA
Hey Calvin (& Kimanne), I have to agree with you that the WA state messageboard seems much more supportive and upbeat than the main one. It is too bad when someone feels that being "best" or "right" is more important than sharing insights and agreeing that sometimes there are more than one way to skin a cat. Hopefully, both of the individuals you were talking about will step back, take a deep breath, and give oh another try. I can't imagine having wls without relying on the valuable info that is shared at this site. What a Godsend! Tammy
calvoso
on 8/31/04 12:09 am - My hometown, WA
Tammy, The washington board has always been a place I could come to for support and information. I just read your profile. Good luck with your insurance company. It's not an easy time, but the end results are so worth the effort. Keep us posted. Calvin
pat9047
on 8/30/04 11:31 pm - CO
I must have been elsewhere because I have managed to avoid seeing the negative messages. This site is one of the most supportive I have seen. There are always crabby apples in the barrel who use any opportunity to spread their toxic waste. The state board is always positive. I would hate to see anyone driven away from the boards because of a few unhappy folks. Thanks for trying to keep them here.
calvoso
on 8/31/04 12:14 am - My hometown, WA
Patricia, You didn't miss much. I wish I'd missed it myself. It just gets a little out of hand once in a while, but overall the main board is such a great tool. I hope everyone keeps using it. I just read your profile and contratulations on your date. I'm so excited for you. Keep us posted. Calvin
Rachael E.
on 8/31/04 3:12 pm
I hate the main board- they can all kiss my fat ass... they're so critical....they are Nazis...don't take offence Jews...I mean it in a different way.......LOL! I will never go there again for any advice...that's what your Dr. is for..not some people who think they know it all and that's the way it has to be. ICK! I can't stand the attitude on there.....they hate men too...now wonder they're always on there...no man will be with them because they're Miss no-it alls. R
calvoso
on 9/1/04 12:42 am - My hometown, WA
Rachael, Meow. I knew I wasn't liking the main board, but you feel even stronger about it. It gets out of hand some days and the day I posted this was one of the worst. I like the state board although I think me and Derek are the only 2 men that post here anymore. Calvin
ncarter11
on 9/1/04 2:22 am - Edmonds, WA
Gee, how do you *really* feel about that, Rachael?! hehehe. Thanks for the morning chuckle! You must be getting excited! nan
Most Active